What's the best fleece lease out there

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Triumph mc., Jul 6, 2018.

1. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Well said driver, you will be able in time to make some good money down the road, I told one guy earlier that you can make it in a lease, but one must learn what in the world they are doing, good luck with your endeavors

51.50 and IrreverentCrawfish Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IrreverentCrawfish

IrreverentCrawfish Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2017
    'Merica
    Thanks @Bigrayon for the well wishes. I definitely think that there are good reasons for leasing, but in my opinion it serves much better as a stepping stone to full on ownership than as a long term career.

51.50 and Skootlez Thank this.
  4. roadgoddess

roadgoddess Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Middle America
    Wasn't Greatwide taken over by Cardinal? When i looked at their site for driving positions it takes you to the cardinal website.

IrreverentCrawfish Thanks this.
  5. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    Not taken over they one's own us, now Evans own us,

6. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    The only thing they changed was the insurance things like that, and before cardinal never take a cut of your detention pay, are lay over, know the only thing they don't touch is tarp are driver on load, everything else is cut.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    A lease can work, but three things have to happen: the driver has to have money, the driver has to save money, and the driver has to be willing to run hard andand wh the money is.....sometimes it's long haul, sometimes it's short haul.

Bean Jr. and IrreverentCrawfish Thank this.
  8. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    I get it,and you are dead right, I make good money very good money, but you will not see me with the prettiest truck out there, but best believe me it's in top shape

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  9. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    tradition transportation has a 389 program hamster.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You know it's funny you mention that because I see these guys that lease, and they get sucked into the newest most chromed out truck possible, as opposed to which truck puts him/her in the best position to make money. They see the outside, but do they ask, "Is it fuel efficient?" "Is it light?" "Do I always have to rely on the dealer for repairs?" "Are parts expensive?" Then you get a lot of guys who lease and they don't really want to work. They focus on trying to get home everyday, trying not to miss holidays, thinking that they will always be able to make $1200 on a 300 mile run. It's not all the time $4 a mile can happen. Then you get guys that don't watch little costs like fuel and don't take care of their truck.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  11. IrreverentCrawfish

IrreverentCrawfish Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2017
    'Merica
    YES.
    YES.
    YES.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. If you don't have working capital, leasing will bankrupt you in a hurry.

Bean Jr. and bryan21384 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.