Whats the deal with Fedex custom critical?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Midnightrider909, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I have looked into FedEx custom critical on this site and most of the threads here say that they don't make very much money and sit a lot but almost every truckstop you go to you see one sitting there so it must be worth it. How much can you make working for FedEx custom critical driving a short truck. What kind of loads do they haul? Are the owner operators lease to FedEx or are they company drivers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Didn't @blairandgretchen try them for awhile, maybe a year or 2 ago? I know it was a trucking duo. If it weren't them, perhaps the Elvee's? Memory fails over fifty, LoL.

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  4. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Custom critical Fed-ex trucks are O/O's...........They haul critical hurry-up loads..get there now. Usually a pallet, could be a box. Problem is they can't wait around to combine another load to make more $$$$ since the original is get it there now.

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    They have white glove service, which can be very lucrative. But if you are not a team, they have a history of starving solos. If I ever returned to expediting, they would be near the bottom of my list. They are very uncaring to contractor concerns. Very robotic. Very apathetic that a veteran team, who was very successful with/for them, was being pushed out by their new policies.

6. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    What is "white glove" service? I picture Jeeves delivering a load in a Rolls Royce.

DTP Thanks this.
  7. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    So O/Os buy an expensive, customized straight truck in the off chance they will move enough lucrative 1 pallet loads to make a profit? I see far more of them sitting in truck stops than on the road. How much can a team make? My wife would love driving a straight truck with a huge sleeper.

8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Landstar use to or maybe still does have the same type of or similar service for box trucks. Years ago I was considering going to a straight truck with LS but at the time freight availability wasn't good enough in my area or I should say to get me in and out of the house.

9. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Special care, such as refrigerated, lift gate, blanket wrap, pallet jack, hand delivered, etc. They handle stuff like pharma, art, glass, expedited frozen food, etc.

10. cakebee

cakebee Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2018
    I know this is old but, some things have changed with FedEx cc there load board are hard to get loads with now I still don't understand why folks are trying to make money not sit around

11. orlandocarr

orlandocarr Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.