What's the most interesting thing you've hauled?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OccamsRazor, Dec 1, 2017.

1. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    Bradley fighting vehicle. Strangely enough,I never had a tailgating issue when hauling these. Might have had something to do with barrel trajectory?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I've been waiting for this since this thread was started... It was inevitable... I can't be the only one lying in the wait for story time... :biggrin_2553:

Dave_in_AZ, Blackshack46 and cnsper Thank this.
  4. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    139 foot long bridge beam.

5. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    That’s where the rubber meets the road!

Grubby, OccamsRazor, Lepton1 and 7 others Thank this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    One single experimental titanium alloy block from kokamo Indiana down to Huntsville Alabama no tarp, pulled into a beige unmarked building, told to stay in the truck, 6 guys in lab coats come out took some measurements, signed my bills, handed me a new set of bills and said have a safe trip back to kokamo.

One day down, one day back made $1200 That trip. When I got back to kokamo I asked the guy in the receiving office what was up with the obscurity in this load he told me what the metal was, he then said that he cant reveal who the customer was. I assumed since it was in Huntsville it was something to do with aerospace and NASA.

Grubby, Lepton1, Dave_in_AZ and 3 others Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Baltimore was protected by a ring of 24 installations as was DC and certain other selected cities. Granite Maryland was one of these. A really tiny town, not even a burp on the road it was.

I don't know fully the amount of hubris and can do that created such a monster as this. If you shot these things against inbound formations off the west coast, the fallout must come back and cloud over the city.

Fast forward to today, I understand the Russians have discarded the ABM treaty and have truly advanced missile defenses around the likes of Moscow and such. We are essentially defenseless excepting maybe two or three installations at most nationwide and those are not even a sure thing.

There was a time this family member passed through with his truck now and then, and I remember those times. But as a child I had no interest really at that time what was in that truck. And the stories I have managed to gather decades ago were... without very many details because there is a whopper behind that which is not really being told. Least of all to me. That's ok.

Sometimes I wonder. My participation in trucking is based on part to truckers who have come to our place to eat and drink now and then and they were celebrated as kings of the road that they were in those days long ago. It would be good to have a touch of that stardust as it were.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had a box. It was on a chassis. It was at Summit Depot where the Military does Logistics.

Gaurd was a little more harsh on my mellow to use a old 70's term more than usual that day I got the box onto my 5th wheel. BOL was completely blank except Unit count one, weight 55K net. So Im over gross and axle. What else is new. Oh whats this a little car following me everywhere.

That box got dropped in a particular spot that was excessively secure and I was told to take my self, my horse and gtfo off the property NOW. My very existence was a offense to them there. Dirty rusty Mack and all.

Fast forward what? 34 years? Im still a little teed off and offended by that treatment. But it is what it is.

What in the world is one unit and weighs 55K? And fits in a 40 foot Hamberg(Or hanover?) Lines Box.... what a mystery.

Grubby and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. cmrdev

cmrdev Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    23 tons of yayo from Miami to jersey

10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Pasteurized powdered people poo to Florida for fertilizer

Grubby, OccamsRazor, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Wow, that's ***ty

Grubby, OccamsRazor, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.