whats the scoop?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by MrBig34, Nov 17, 2008.

1. MrBig34

MrBig34 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Plymouthmeeting,Pa
    can someone who works for millis give me some info. about the company ? i hear alot of good things about them but how many people telling there story actually work for them. i need some real inside input. QUESTIONS LIKE, how many miles do they average a week, do they run mostly east or west, is the home time good, are you treated good, things like this. thanks:biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RYITO1122334455

RYITO1122334455 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    youngstown ohio
    can someone who works for millis give me some info. about the company ? i hear alot of good things about them but how many people telling there story actually work for them. i need some real inside input. QUESTIONS LIKE, how many miles do they average a week, do they run mostly east or west, is the home time good, are you treated good, things like this. thanks

i just graduated from mti in oh and i finish orentation wed. right now the freight is slow, but things seemed to pick up this week as there were hardly any trucks in the lot. the drivers like their jobs and dont complain, they prolly average 2000-2500 a week.they run east of the miss. except ocasionly to tx. check out thier website for info (SOME OF IT ISNOT ACCURATE!)....i found out the hard way...but overall a good company, they haul beer and glass, so very fragile loads but good equiptment, tracters 3 yrs or newer and trailers 10 yrs or newer hope i helped

4. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    I have worked for millis for 4 years the miles will depend on how often you go home longer u stay out the easier it is to get miles. We run mainly north and south with runs out to Texas and a few runs to California. Freight is slow right now and we haul other stuff besides glass and beer.

5. FlatFootVille

FlatFootVille Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    If i may ask how slow is the frieght?i am going to school starting the 24th this month.i plan to stay out for 2 weeks at a time u think they will keep me runnin?..i may stay out for 3 weeks at a time but 2 for sure..what do u think.?let me know please..

6. spanky

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    Freight just depends on where you are at. Some days there is no problem getting miles and somedays you can't get a load to save your life. As far as going home every two weeks that is what I do and the first week I do pretty good but the second week it is harder to get miles. On the second week they try to keep you to where they can keep you where they can get you home. But with you being close to trenton it should be easy to get you and I am still staying around 1800 to 2500 miles a week on average. Here lately I have not been doing that but I have taking off every weekend for the last month and a half. Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions I will try to answer them for you.

7. bowmeyer1

bowmeyer1 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    hey spanky, i applied at millis tell em to call me i need a job after school lol i really like this company

8. spanky

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    Hey bowmeyer be patient it usually takes a little while for them to check everything out on you. Also with the holidays coming up it will probably take a little than usual for to do it. They more than likely will mail you something first and then have you call them to set everything up.

9. FlatFootVille

FlatFootVille Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    then got all my employment verfication,s on me for the last three years.then my driving record.dac report all that good stuff..then sent me a letter sayin welcome and telling me whAT TO bring with me for the 3 week 3 day training at the trenton terminal..so then i paid all my 500.00 up front now just waitin on the 24th to get here to start my training..:biggrin_25517:

10. Old - School

Old - School Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    I think this thread deserves another chance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.