What's the worst thing that physically happened to you while driving?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by fargonaz, May 25, 2017.

1. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Had major abdominal pain and bobtailed to the emergency room. They went ahead and just scheduled me for surgery and took my gall bladder out. I guess it had several stones.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    ####,.. I never would have imagined antifreeze coming into the cabin like that. But yeah,.. glad you kept it shiney side up.

Hurst

Shock Therapy and okiedokie Thank this.
  4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Thats pretty much how mine went. Had to wait 24 hrs and not eat anything before the doctor would do the surgery.

It was supposed to be lyposcopic and only leave a small dime sized scar,.. but after he discovered the infection he opened me up like a gutted dear.

Hurst

5. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Yep,

Nothing along lines as far as kidney stones, but one of the worst cases of food poisoning I ever encountered at a Subway in OK shut down both my trainer & myself early in the game for over a day. ####, he's been gone so long here, may even be able to get him to come back & post.......LOL! Still have nightmares about that occasion & took me a full 8mos till I could even look at a Subway sign without getting naucious!

We both had no idea which end it was coming out from first during waves (sometimes both :0), & came to within hair's breath of calling in emergency.

Thankfully, shipper we were at was known to be sometimes slow, took over a day to load us. Thank God, as there was no possible way either of us was capable of driving for over 24hrs.

There was no complaining at all about delays that time! LOL

Quote of mine from 2/14. I STILL will not eat at Subway to this day! LOL

x1Heavy, Shock Therapy and fargonaz Thank this.
  6. VIDEODROME

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I was lucky, they did it all with the scope method and got it out.

x1Heavy, fargonaz and driverdriver Thank this.
  7. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Me too, three holes and done

fargonaz Thanks this.
  8. Snoopycda

Snoopycda Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Edmonton Ab.
    Let's see, off the top of my head, over thirty years;
    I've been hit or had my feet run over by a forklift several times. (Not the same one or the same time, I just don't learn as quickly as others.)
    I fallen off of several flat decks, from the floor to over 10' up. Broke a couple of ribs on the high one. (Gravity sucks)
    I had a Pettibone clear all the pipe off my deck after he hit the one 60' I-beam I had, when he was going around the back end. I couldn't get any closer to the headache rack on that one, as much as I tried. (No injuries, just new laundry.)
    Too many extremely close calls with four wheelers and some big trucks as well. One was so close that I just scraped the road salt off a Chrysler Intrepid's rear bumper about the size of a baseball.
    He had come to a stop at a stop sign and proceeded without looking one way or the other. If I was a second later on the brakes, he would have been dead.
    One winter jacknife at slow speed over icy rail tracks. Minor damage, but scared the crap out of me. (More new laundry)
    In the early 90's May long weekend, I had a fellow brake check me on an off ramp, he came to a complete stop. It was all I could do to keep from parking in his fishing boat! Then he gets out and starts yelling at me for tailgating! (I wasn't, holiday traffic was brutal, I switched lanes behind him and took the same off ramp slowing for a left turn at the top) I told him to get in his truck and get moving, but not quite that politely. He started walking towards my truck, I met him at his tailgate. He might continue to brake check but he probably won't stop again. Can't get away with that stuff these days.
    I've witnessed more than a few serious accidents, if you think that shouldn't affect you, you're wrong.
    Typing this out has caused me to count all my digits and my teeth, I don't know why they are all still there!
    The only lasting physical injury is my hearing in the left ear.

x1Heavy, fargonaz and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  9. VIDEODROME

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Also been blown over by extreme wind storm west of Chicago and broke my arm.

10. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    You sir, do not have just a man card. You might have a full deck.

11. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Got hit by a drunk driver ended up with a neck surgery and divorce...punchline came out 160 k in debt between medical and the judgement against me from the trial

wore out and fargonaz Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.