What's up with drivers parking IN the fuel island to go shopping and not fueling...WTF??

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by dextrdog, Aug 18, 2017.

1. dextrdog

dextrdog Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Went to fill up this afternoon at KWIK TRIP that only has 4 diesel lanes, and it's usually pretty busy for guys filling up Friday afternoon. I'm waiting behind a piece of #### JB HUNT driver, only to realize the dude is inside shopping. Just decides to park in the fuel island, gets out and comes back 10 minutes later with a bag of #### and a soda. WTF!? It's sad because I see this #### happening too often... there is literally 20 parking spots that were open...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volrunner

volrunner Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Knoxville, TN
    Just getting ready to get started in the world of trucking so I will add that to my list of things not to do.

Lisa9, DazzlinD4, okiedokie and 12 others Thank this.
  4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I don't like doing this but when you're pulling doubles sometimes the fuel island is your only option so I try to make it a quick in and out and gone if I have to and sometimes I'll get stuck behind some OTR dweeb walking around in his flip flops washing his truck while his teammate is inside taking a shower.

I'm not even OTR, rarely even have to stop in truck stops, haven't pumped fuel in one in months, and I know to at least get the hell out of the way. No room for courtesy at a truck stop that's for sure. I hate going to them when have to.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'm getting very tired of these low grades too !!
    I stopped for fuel yesterday at the pilot in Russellville ark . and there was like 5 or 6 islands
    Lane 1 had a heartland driver the parked at the pump stuffing her pie hole .
    Lane 2 was harry trucking out of LA inside eating .
    Lane 3 was a team from Miami Fla and they were cleaning they're truck .
    Lane 4 was abf reading a book .
    Lane 5 and 6 were small carriers I didn't recognize and nowhere to be found .
    Fuel clerk said none of them fueled .
    Losers !

AubieDoc87, Kyle G., BigBob410 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    If the lot is full and I don't need fuel, I may run in to take a whizz or grab a drink. But I don't stop at the island. I wait and pull through. Unless the person in front of me just pulled forward. I realize this would still piss some of you off. That's unfortunate.

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    If your not holding up the line I have no problem with that and do it occasionally myself ....its the self centered lazy morons that can't be bothered with properly parking that are getting out of hand ...I've had words with a few of these people and they act like its they're God given right to park there .

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    A driver before me poured out at least a gallon of urine on the ground right by the keypad on the pump.
    But I wasn't going to fuel, just wash my windows and mirrors so I pulled forward enough not to step in it.
    Back where I fueled all the squeegees were covered in grease and the water was nasty dirty.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Even better are the ones that block the scale - :mad:

10. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    I
    I live 15 minutes from there, and I won't fuel there.

11. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    You would have blown a gasket at the Loves in Max Meadows VA yesterday. Rigs parked so haphazardly at the entrance/exit that it was almost impossible to get in or out. Finally, Love's staff started telling these tools they had to move. You should have seen how indignant they were. SMH I mean, trucks that fueled literally couldn't leave.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.