whats up with this great company?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by curlyjoe, Jun 12, 2014.

1. curlyjoe

curlyjoe Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2013
    dalton ga
    Great sapamil. This used to be the case for me too. How long with millis? The ld im on now is 1059 miles. Good run right. I cant deliver it till monday and i picked it up at 0900 friday morn. No amount of shut up or bust butt cures that planning by milis. Ive put 3900 on my ride solo and 4800 with a student been there. But my question is why is everyone bailing. especially the seasoned hands. Will it get better? Should i stick it out? Or bail...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Some drivers aren't happy about the cameras. May have something to do with it?

4. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    3 yrs with millis will it get better I don,t know bail or stick it out I don,t know that is a decision only you can make that decision as for why are people bailing I believe its for a number of reasons including the cameras

5. curlyjoe

curlyjoe Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2013
    dalton ga
    Thanks your awesome.

6. playamwj12

playamwj12 Heavy Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Yes I get short runs like everyone. Delivered a 150 miler total this morning. Preplanned on 1100 this weekend and he said something would be sitting at my final tomorrow for me to deliver Monday as well.

7. Cooper09

Cooper09 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I have never had problems with miles...unless my dispatcher is on vacation. Ran 13,444 in april. The cameras prob have something to do with it but alot of people leave after bonus payout...honestly I don't really see a bunch more empty trucks than any other time...

8. cabjeepster

cabjeepster Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Come to richfield. They have 18 empty. Shop guys said almost a new record.while I was standing there another driver turned in his 680 said he found a better paying gig.

9. curlyjoe

curlyjoe Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2013
    dalton ga
    Quite a few at most terminals ive been at lately. I think im gonna put in some apps. Always wanted to do flatbed.

slim shady Thanks this.
  10. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Put where you live in your profile...general area...might help others give you some leads on good flatbed gigs.

11. Cooper09

Cooper09 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Well I think its kind of sad that I could run that many miles compared to 800+ other drivers...how many trainers are out there? Must be at least 40? There will always be a better paying gig out there. The problem, I believe, is that people are lazy and complain too much. It makes me sick to go into any drivers room or truck stop. I get so sick of hearing so called 'men' sitting around and whining and complaining about everything. If you don't like where you are at, be it. At Millis or anywhere else, go find another job. But no...its better to dump your garbage on every person you come into contact with. My advice quit your whining and do your job...you might be suprised what happens when you start looking at what's right vs what's wrong...

MTownZ and sapamil Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.