Whats your thoughts

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by drewfarmsllc, Sep 28, 2016.

1. drewfarmsllc

drewfarmsllc Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    South Carolina
    About to purchase an additional truck and would like to hear your thoughts. Currently have a pre emmision 12.7 Detroit. Looking at a TMC truck with a C-15 Cat with over a million on odometer. Have looked at a couple '11 and '12 Cascadia's both with Detroits and a 386 pete with cummins @ 450 to 600 k on odometer.
    Would you rather have a newer truck with less miles but has the emmision stuff on it or have an older truck with no emmisions but alot of miles??????? I know the cat will probably not get as good a fuel mileage but am unsure of the emmision stuff. I know the cat will need a rebuild soon but the 379's are holding their value better. Do you think the DD 15 are as reliable an engine as the 12.7 Detroit or C-15 cat ??? Dealers are telling me the detroits are holding well into the million + with proper care.
    Also they are saying the DD15 gets better fuel milage. Have heard mixed results on the ISX about reliability and milage

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Farming? Pre DEF emissions only.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.