When your BS detector goes off...DTR in Vegas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by SinCityShooter, Dec 6, 2017.

1. SinCityShooter

SinCityShooter Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Las Vegas
    Thought I would talk to another school just to get the feel for them. This school is close, like 10 min from my house at 25mph. Anyway I walked in and filled out a form and waited to be called in. I started to talk to the guy wearing Schneider hat and handing me a pen from Schneider as well. I asked him if this school was affiliated, the guy tells me no "I sold part of my company to them". Oh ok I said. He starts talking to me and telling about the school and all the usual stuff about training. He asked me why I came there and I told them I liked the family operation and I liked what the company did for no kill pet shelters($100,000 last year) and what they do for the Boy Scouts.

So now its starts to get interesting, He tells me that the company does not hire out of their school even though it is clearly printed on their website, "you need 5 years experience" he said. Then we start talking about a swift recruiter that came in and couldn't tell what the pay was or what the driver retention is. Now I've contacted a lot of recruiters of the last few weeks and everyone of them could answer these questions, including Swifts recruiter.

He then looks at my shirt cover in guitars, he asked if I played and I told him that I was more of a owner,and had couple of rare/expensive guitars. I told him I wasn't a great player but I can play a bit. He points to this either Jap or India made Jackson. Now get this as it was all I could do from not laughing at him. He tell me he's doing some work for Ozzy. Yeah, okayyyyyy, last time I checked Zakk Wylde was Ozzy's axe man!. He then tells me he owns a new Harley and another bike(this maybe true), but rolls off his tongue next is funny too, he tells me he has a pilot license. I've take flying lessons and actually used to fly sail planes or gliders and as soon as I told him that the conversation changed. For some reason he didn't think I could do the pretrip, "dude I was a medium/light duty truck tech for 30 years". and l probably know more about your equipment then you could ever know. then he said some smart ### remark about double clutching " dear lord that ain't hard at all" then he says a pretrip takes an hour and 15 mins, lol. common.

Sorry the company has such a LIAR for an employee. If the owner of the company wants to talk to me that's fine but I won't deal with a LIAR. This guy shows signs of narcissistic personalty disorder. There was other things he said but I don't want to laugh anymore, it hurts!

Two things happened, I poopoed about the Schneider stuff(even though I have a prehire from them and have background checked me already). I told the two dudes in the waiting room to hit this site and really find out what this life is about before you hand these guys four grand. Then I told them they own your rear for the next year to pay the school off and they will want their money right now if you leave in the middle of the contract.

So Back to Southwest truck driving training. Doug and Mike are super cool guys.

I'd steer clear of these guys unless you like being lied to. I guess he thought I was old, stupid and desperate.

And if the owner see this, he might want to get a better sign up guy.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SinCityShooter

SinCityShooter Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Las Vegas
    Now I find out the guy is the owner of the school, just saw where he recommends Schneider and he shills his own site on google and the BBB. How pathetic!

Steel Dragon and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.