Where all the Lot Lizards at?!

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Big Rig Max, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I just pulled a load out of an impound last week or so. Nothing to do with lot lizards, just DOT compliance. My conversation with the other driver was,,, awkward.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    I doubt that. My Swift truck I had TAT decals on both doors, and they STILL came a-knockin'

4. Infosaur

They was looking for shelter driver.

"Save me!"

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I used to ask them how much were they willing to pay me!! Till I heard that any mention of money or pay, could get you arrested.

6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Last I heard of them they were calling themself's cleaning ladies. And advertising deep cleaning of the carpet in the rig. The last one I saw was playing it slick at the Valero in Baytown tx. Her cover was she was a cb tech. But haven't seen her since 2014.

I'm not sure if they even hang around the key truck stop in channelview anymore since it was remodeled.

But man have the times have really changed. I remember the T/A in Jessup,MD. Those lizards wouldnt let u get any sleep with all the knocking on the door. And I would see some wild stuff there when I worked at Estes. But it was crazy because all this was going on. And there was a trooper office on the side of a county prison or what ever it was right in front of the T/A. And they would never patrol the area or anything.

I never knew if it were true. But I was told a lizard was killed trying to hide from cops under a trailer. And the driver started to pull off not knowing she was there. So they started to crack down harder. But I haven't spent the night up there in years. So I dont know how it is now.

7. Gh0streach

Gh0streach Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    I actually live right by that Jessup MD truck stop. Man that was a decade ago roughly when the lot lizards roamed that whole truck stop at night. And they also would be knocking on the rigs parked on the adjacent streets near the T/A until Howard County got wise and put no parking signs up on every road on that entire block. HoCo PoPo cracked down hard in 2009 and ran em off basically. Its quiet these days. A far cry from what it was.

8. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    All are on Fulton industrial in Atlanta Ga.They have lizard conventions there daily....and specials..2 stds for the price of 1.

9. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
  10. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    LOL, I remember some years back maybe 09 or 10 a driver got robbed in a vacant parking lot on Fulton Industrial. And he told the news reporter that he pulled over to do his paper work. I said to my self yea right, trucks only stop in that area of Fulton Industrial for 2 things. Lizards and drugs, and he probably didnt want to pay so the pimp helped him empty his pockets.

11. Infosaur

I almost never get knocks.
    Lizards must know my company doesn't pay.

I had a guy lizard come up to me once. Oh dear god, I should sue him just for the psychological mental damage of seeing him in a dress and wig.

Might be onto something with the "cleaning company," they might not be rocking with truckers but the world's oldest profession rolls on, I'm sure they keep the white collar crowd well kept.

Other than athletes and politicians, the other big market is dot coms and the venture capital that surrounds them. You land a Chad who makes 8 figures on an IPO why bother with a company driver using an EBT card in the truckstop?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.