Where are the fuses?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by DenaliDad, Aug 17, 2016.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

About a month or so ago, my company assigned me a 2015 Pete. I like the machine except for one thing the previous driver did...he left me with very few functioning 12vdc outlets. I'm sure it's a fuse thing but the schematic on the fuse box cover is unintelligible and there is no indication of "12v" anything.

So, wise readers, where are the fuses? I don't get to any of our shops often and really would love to make these outlets work so I don't have to drag extension cords all over the truck.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    dont know if this helps or not -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    If you can't figure out what fuse it is get a test light and check both sides of each fuse to find the bad one

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    He was questioning where are the fuses located.

6. Sharky88

Sep 25, 2013
    Funny could have sworn he said he couldn't figure our the diagrame for the fuse panel as nothing was marked 12 v

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    yes and also - So, wise readers, where are the fuses? I don't get to any of our shops often and really would love to make these outlets work so I don't have to drag extension cords all over the truck.

8. Sharky88

Sep 25, 2013
    If not behind the glove box look in the passenger side box there is a fuse panel there as well at least there was on my old Pete

9. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I found one fuse panel on the driver side near the clutch; I'm still looking for others.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on the "where are the fuses?" thing.

Not only am I looking for the fuse panel, but more importantly, I am trying to figure out which fuses power the 12 vDC receptacles. that's the partner the diagram this is incomprehensible...none of the fuses have anything remotely related to "12 vDC" on them and the Peterbilt owner manual is of no help.

Right now, I only have one of about a dozen or so that works. I cannot afford to lose it.

10. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    My 389 fuses for outlets I'm cab are by clutch kick panel. Mine has a cover that had everything labeled

11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Everything is 12 volt,correct?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.