Where are the good trucking companies?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by kingpawn, Feb 11, 2008.

1. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    I got 16 months OTR and Im already looking for my fifth job.I just left Melton.Started out OK.Then the miles just disappeared.Im from Buffalo,NY and I love driving but I hate sitting.Somebody throw a dog a bone.CPM dont matter as much as getting miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lyion

lyion Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2008
    TOANO VIRGINIA
    im kiding ; bt yove got the right adatuid !we need to get the word ot to all those cheap sarry ### companys that if it werentfor the drivers theyed haft to close doors and go into some other bussiness .all of us need to reinforce each other when i coes to being a

4. lyion

lyion Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2008
    TOANO VIRGINIA
    i hit the wron button lost my reply

5. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Try Celadon trucking??? I am not saying anything on the driver side as I am not a driver but if I see correctly you live in New York that might be a good thing that you like east coast, not sure. Call them

6. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Im looking at Marten,Prime,Arctic Express,Knight and Priority. When I started this truck driving thing I thought I would STAY AT ONE JOB till AARP time,wow,finding miles is harder than a blind side in Manhatten at 4PM.I could always go back to drywall finishing but I got the diesel in my blood now.I consider myself a good pro driver,I dont complain about short dispatches,Im always ontime,and I keep my rig looking clean inside and out.Do the stockholders of these trucking companies understand that if we slow down their stocks would lose value??Hmmm...Sooner or later hard working people gonna want to get paid for their time...

Civilservant Thanks this.
  7. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    If the freight isn't there, you aren't going to get the miles no matter where you go. Times are tough and will probably get tougher before they get better. If possible, I'd stay with my present company. They might appreciate it down the road, when things get better. Then again, they might not. Depends on the company, I guess.

There's no guarantee that a new company is going to have any more miles, especially for a new (to them) driver.

Jim F

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    kingpawn said:
    Are you serious? That is the attitude that does more harm to the industry than good.

It's not your fault though......maybe nobody has spent the time to go over the numbers with you, and set your thinking straight.

3000 miles X .32 cpm = $960 gross

2000 miles X .48 cpm = $960 gross

or

3000 miles X .30 cpm = $900 gross

2000 miles X .45 cpm = $900 gross

Which one looks better to you?:biggrin_25513: How hard to you want to work for the same money?

9. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Yeah, youre right White Dog, CPM matters. I guess after sitting for so long I just wanted to ride. My final choice is JR schugel or Arctic Express. Melton was cool and they treated me as well as they could but with the housing market down it trickled down to less miles for flatbed.I figure food moves so I going reefer.Any new info on JR Schugel or Arctic Express out there?

10. Johnny99

Johnny99 Johnny be Good

Nov 24, 2007
    Big Sandy Tenn
    Is RICH's still in business? Refrigerated International Cargo Haulers. They were based out of Buffalo.

11. lyion

lyion Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2008
    TOANO VIRGINIA
    i live in Virginia close to Williamsburg im looking to get back on the road around may .theres a company up in Richmond caled Abilene Motor Express im looking for any information on them i can get being close to my home .it wood be nce to find a company that 's close by .all i no about there web site is there long haul and reginal company wth all new equipment they say on the web site they tun there trucks in at 18 mounts ,.this is verry good! oh:biggrin_25519: if you can let me no ill be checking out reply's .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.