Where Are You Continues, Again.....

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Giggles the Original, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Another thing I hate is a driver that doesn't inspect their equipment and leaves problems to the next driver... :angry4:
    When I swapped the trailer today, I asked the driver if there was any problem with the trailer and he told me, "only the ABS light is not working"
    But during my quick trailer inspection, I found some air leakage on one of the hub seals.... I called the driver and pointed that to him... He looked like.... "HUH...." :scratch: :dontknow:
    So.... I tried to tighten the plastic cover of that hub a little and that made the leakage diminish.... since I had only 150 or so miles to run to the company, I knew that would be ok..,.
    Called my company and let them know about it...
    When I arrived at the company, this how the seal was....

c.jpg

It totally broke off and separated from the center and air was spitting out of it....
    It just pssss me off when drivers don't take time to get stuff fixed... It's a pain and time consuming I know... cause I do it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    The moon has been gorgeous.... this was in the morning...

b.jpg

Feedman, 7-UP and otterinthewater Thank this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Hey Mr. @homeskillet .... how is that vacation going? Don't forget the pictures.... :biggrin_25519:

5. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    Ocala Pilot tonight

Rocks and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Bio break doesnt just mean to do your business. In gaming it is also time for the players to go get a refill of what ever drinks / stretch of legs / whatever one needs from the intensity of the game requirements.

Rocks Thanks this.
  7. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    So the horizontal crack is what put the trailer OOS. Mighty fine catch by the DOT officer. Stoked he saw it. It could been bad if it went all pear shaped. The trainee missed it when he pretriped the trailer from the yard. Honestly I think I would’ve missed it too. It was quite easy to see in the photo...hard to see when you were looking.

The DOT officer looked confused when I thanked him. He finally caught on I wasn’t being sarcastic and truly didn’t want 44,000lbs of water bottles carpet bombing whomever was near if the trailer self destructed.

BDC2A979-53A8-400F-8701-58B7F5B5361D.jpeg 99913CF2-5940-447A-AAC8-03E0448968B2.jpeg

8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Alas, with Western, good luck getting them to repair it. I had written up numerous defects worse than that and they treated it as "water under the bridge"
    They sent me down the road one time with a trailer that had been capped in a corner. Like some one had climbed up there and peeled back a corner to see what was inside.

Rocks and otterinthewater Thank this.
  9. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Like everything else, it takes practice and experience. It doesn't help that most drivers have zero mechanical know-how, nor any desire to have any. Over time, even someone with no mechanical talent can develop a knack for seeing things that don't look right.

In the case of a frame/suspension or loose fastener issue, a rust trail usually points to the culprit. Outside of that specific case, here's Kermit the Frog with an important lesson.

10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    They sent a professional welder who grinded ( is that a word?? Lol) it down. Welded it. Then waited for the trailer pass reinspection so he could paint it.

Feedman, Rocks and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  11. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Ground.

chopper103in and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.