Where can I find info on expediting in Sprinter style vans?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Mar 31, 2018.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I'm driving otr now, but I've been curious about expediting in smaller Sprinter style vans. I see panther out there a lot but are their companies I can lease a van onto or is it better to get my own numbers and work off a load board? I'm also curious what the numbers look like for this sort of freight. What's the money per mile usually look like?

I traveled 4 years around the country in my van before I started trucking. I'm missing the freedom of that vs being stuck with my truck and a 53ft trailer all the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ragman54

Ragman54 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2016
    S.E. Michigan
    There are numerous companies that you can lease on to. However, with that said, most are not putting on cargo vans or sprinter style vans as there are far too many on the road.

To learn more about Expediting, visit.....

Expedited Trucking Owner Operator Careers and Truck Sales

VIDEODROME and crocky Thank this.
  4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Seems they aren't making much per mile according to some of the posts over there.

5. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Low rates and a lot of sitting waiting for freight .

6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    To bad van loads are still low. I tried this once in a cargo van and the flexibility was interesting.

I really enjoyed driving past the Weight Stations or finding easy parking in Rest Areas or Travel Plazas.

7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Yea, I got stuck at a Tyson for 20hrs a few weeks ago and Bob tailed around the town I was in and realized how much basic freedom you lose driving a truck.

I was thinking with the Sprinters if you had your own numbers you could run LTL loads or even haul stuff like motorcycles.. I'm thinking maybe if looking outside the box of just leasing onto a expiditing company you could stay busy..

My thing is I like being on the road but I don't like always being stuck with the truck and trailer and never having the freedom to check places out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.