Where do I get a HID conversion kit for a 2007 Volvo VN780

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by mrktwiz, Apr 23, 2011.

1. mladen86

mladen86 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    I have hid kit from amazon on my volvo and there's no error code or check lite. Only problem i have is that my adjusting screw in rhs headlight is loose,so my right beam is lower then left. Even after i adjust it,it will lower itself after driving for couple of hours,but even like that,im happy with hid's

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    $150

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Just a little FYI there guys, I know I will rain on your parades for some but if the Volvo lights have the projection lamp setup, then the HID conversion is legal, if it has the old style reflector and bulb, it is not legal.

The projection lamp setup will have the same or near the same cut off to be legal, the reflector type has none.

AND just another little FYI, about 80% of these conversations that are sold are not DOT compliant, they lack the right cut offs or are just a universal refitting kit intended for off road. There are kits out there that claim they are "dot approved" but the DOT doesn't approve a thing, it is a self-certification system with third party confirmation that we have here.

So as one who is sensitive to light, it would be nice if you guys actually set up your lights not to blind people who are in smaller vehicles than you are.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  5. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    I'm sorry to rain on your parade but please educate yourself before regurgitating up wrong information you obvious know nothing about.

First off any plug and play hid kit is technically illegal even if it is in the projector as the projector in the 2004+ vnl is a halogen projector and cannot handle the heat from a hid kit.

And NONE of the hid kits sold are dot certified.... none! the only ones are oem kits and only when used in the intended oem housing.

It's obvious you dislike hid and are making up falsified facts to push your bias agenda on other's but please do so elsewhere and not where people are trying to increase their safety on the road.

Noone here is talking about putting a hid kit into a reflector housing like some hid rookie kid in a hyundai. We are discussing taking the factory halogen projector out and installing a hid projector in its place with a proper cutoff line as to not blind oncoming traffic, even the guys speaking of plug and play crappy Chinese kits are talking about putting them in the projector.

I have to agree with you 100% on your last statement. I wish guys would use their heads a little more and care more about other motorists out there.

The volvo's h11 is a prime example. Morimoto hid lists 2 different h11 options because not all h11 are the same and the focal point need's to be different depending on which projector you have or you risk blinding others and not getting the proper light output you require, thsee are details that the Chinese ebay crap does not care about.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    S&S in Lima Oh has the Oem Led for 649.99 per side. 6 sets in stock.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
  8. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Great comparison to the horrible halogen lights

Attached Files:

dustinbrock Thanks this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Point taken.

What's odd about the issue is the source of this came from people in the lighting group at the company who designed the parts for the vehicle. It was discussed in depth at that time - 5 or 6 years ago - because of the costs of the HID replacements for a toter and the owner wanted to find an alternative.

So what can I say?

dustinbrock Thanks this.
  10. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    The deep space lighting kit has Morimoto hid which offers a 5 year warranty on the ballasts and bulbs. If your ballast burns out, you snap a pic with the serial number visible and the plugs broken (disabled) and they ship out a new one. If they've upgraded them, they'll send you the better version.

Lowers the cost of ownership substantially.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.