Where do you park truck for home time?

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JaCk ThE TrIpPeR, Dec 21, 2012.

1. JaCk ThE TrIpPeR

JaCk ThE TrIpPeR Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Chicago & Tennessee
    My home time will be in chicago and tennessee. In my past drive job we parked truck at a close friegthliner. Just wondering because I start orientation in mid january. I started with central refer and I am glad to move on to a quality company :) I'll be doing flatbed....Nothing against refer drivers because i was one and respect the odd hours and horrible smells along with the loud truck :)

Im truly impressed by the positive atmosphere here amongst you maverick drivers. It was all of you who sold me on Maverick.

jxu417 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    I Park at my friend's construction company yard. In Chicago good luck you probably have to find a pay to park spot.
    Welcome to maverick if flatbeds don't work out for you. There are always looking for people for temp control.
    I like to say if you can eat it I will not haul it.

4. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Ah he can park at the gary yard i guess. Lol. Truthfully there is plenty of room at the gary yard if you can have someone pick you up or you have a personal vehicle you dont mind sitting there while you're gone.

5. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Mav is prolly gonna want you to settle on a primary address. They arent,as they say,travel agents and dont really like routing you anywhere but home on the weekends with few exceptions. You should get this squared thru your recruiter so there are no hurt feelins. Depending on your reason and frequency of swapping hometime destinations,this may be an issue. So best to ask now.

6. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    Trucks here in my little town in Tennessee park at either Huddle House or Wal-Mart.

JaCk ThE TrIpPeR Thanks this.
  7. JaCk ThE TrIpPeR

JaCk ThE TrIpPeR Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Chicago & Tennessee
    Yea my primary residence is in small town tennessee. We have a walmart, of course, so I was just wondering. Im not concerned with home time. I just want to run, learn,make money, and learn some more. I dont mind being out 1-2 months at a time. Thank you for responses. I was just curious.

8. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
  9. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    I park mine in a shopping center close to my house in Fort Worth, but I know the store manager personally lol.

10. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Yeah, I park at the local Meijer's mega-grocery store (but my family knows the GM there). You should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ASK FOR PERMISSION PRIOR TO PARKING FOR THE WEEKEND!!!
    It would really suck to show up to get in the truck and it has been towed away. :biggrin_25524:

11. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    City lot less than 100 yards from my front door.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.