where else to look

Discussion in 'CR England' started by finzup, Oct 23, 2007.

1. finzup

finzup Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Warminster, pa
    Well, I gave england a shot and after 2 days of scoring about 75% on the tests, they sent me packing, nice enough to send me via a greyhound. I don't have a cdl, but am looking, which company might be better suited for me to try.

paul

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nstar92

nstar92 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Greenfield,Ma
    THe posts on here are really bad, and I suppose the best way for you could be Trans AM make sure you are 100% honest with them. Your other option is to go home, and attend a Truck Driving School, a normal one, I am thinking about going back for a month refresher course, I am in the same boat, need retraining, have CDL, will travel, but unfortunately they don't look at all the years you did work, just the ones you are short on. So far T/A screwed me on the amount of tme it took them to say "No" to me, I think because I was a Helwig driver, and T/A and Helwig parted company on the merger. I got a real nice recruiter and then all of a sudden she was fired and I was turned down by the Supervisor of Recruiting. To be honest, most of their recruiters seem to have ATTITUDE, like they have to deal with you in the least possible way. Another is US EX but I am not sure if they train, or just do the refresher course, I have tried to get them on the phone, lately it seems that these companies are harder to get hold of then they used to be. I find no common courtesy from anyone I talk to as a recruiter, amazingly Eng was the only recruiter I found to be human. I had worked for Helwig but due to my lapse in employment I couldn't get in. I will get back what I had, it is just going to take a little longer. As for you, consider getting a grant and go to a real school. If you don't you are only hurting yourself. At a real school you can at least get effort for trying, which is more than what ENG gave U. THe more I read on them the less I like the idea of working there.
    Good Luck on your search.

4. chucky

chucky Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It was a blessing in disguise that CRE let you go.

5. carrot top

carrot top Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    greenville, sc
    well i would suggest u try Ur local community college. and this is important....
    pay attention this time around. u might learn something. u have to study hard do home work and did i say study hard ? u have to want this more than anything.

cas hers the thing...if u don't care enough to pay attention in class to get Ur cdl then y would u pay attention in orientation ? or to the trainer? or to ur dm ? or the safety meetings ?

6. timeformetodrive

timeformetodrive Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2009
    new bern north carolina
    england will kick you out if you pass a test and get a 75 that is crazy i thought passing is passing even if it a 70

7. timeformetodrive

timeformetodrive Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2009
    new bern north carolina
    i just took the knowlege part of cre practice test on there web site i scored a 85, if i score a 85 in class will i get kicked out?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.