Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I’m not sure about most but the only way I learn is from doing. In my younger years I’ve had many a boss tell me I was hard headed. That maybe the case, I’m certainly not arguing that point, someone can tell me until their blue in the face but unless I’m hands on it ain’t gonna stick. Good luck and just take your time!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TooTiredToTalk

TooTiredToTalk Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Got any recommendations for some of those tunes? Bands, solos, etc?

I love classic rock, old country, older stuff I don't know what it's classified as (lol), etc. See if you have anything good I haven't heard.

Here are some I like as examples....Tennessee Ernie Ford, Jimmy Dean, The Highwaymen, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Aaron Watson, Whiskey Myers, George Strait, Alabama, Tony Justice, Bill Weaver, Conway Twitty, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Heart, Styx, Ozzy, etc etc :)

4. TooTiredToTalk

Feb 24, 2022
    Appreciate it much! Yeah I'm the same exact way. Even in CDL school I didn't understand much of anything until I was actually doing it or seeing it and touching it (mechanical all the pre-trip stuff etc). Why I decided to never go to a full blown college. I don't learn from lectures, lessons, and books very well. I've been told a million times and ten fold that I'm hard headed. I know I am too sometimes to a fault though lol

Feedman, PoleCrusher, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    5B2981C5-DFC7-46E8-B7C1-FFF1D0A36C5C.jpeg A bit of leftover Chinese food…it certainly beats a stick in the eye!

6. TooTiredToTalk

Feb 24, 2022
    That looks like some good eats right there! :p

Brettj3876, PoleCrusher, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I could give you a list a mile long for classic rock. Nazareth, Boston, Trooper, April Wine, Headpins, Billy Squire, Cheap Trick, Bryan Adams, Bad Company, Lee Aaron, ZZ Top, Don Felder, Joe Walsh, Night Ranger, Mr Big, Molly Hatchet, Lou Gramm/Foreigner, Loverboy, Streetheart, Kim Mitchell, Honeymoon Suite, Helix, The Headstones, The Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Sass Jordan, Rush, Prism, Alannah Myles, Richard Marx, Jeff Healey, etc etc.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Here is something that you may want to try. A good quality ginger ale/beer, likes Reed’s. Sip it slowly at first. A little goes a long way. I think you will find it will help you feel better and soothing to your stomach.

9. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    You can find plenty of references in Utube videos about doing this, if you have the time and inclination. They give you more idea than what you might think they could, and after you view a few of them, you tend to coalesce those ideas into new ones. :)

10. TooTiredToTalk

Feb 24, 2022
    Awesome! Some I've heard of on this list. Not too many though :) I love finding new music, but there isn't much good anymore. So finding music others listen to is always awesome! Thanks for the 1/4 of your mile long list haha. I'll check them out ;)

11. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    For a suggestion go to YouTube, search for
    "long cool woman in a black dress mix"
    and you will get a great playlist that can burn a lot of miles.
    By the way I use the same mix as my exercise mix to keep me going. Got to work what little heart I have left after my heart attack that took my CDL.
    Thanks @Old Schooler

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    CAXPT, Isafarmboy, BigBob410 and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted