Where is the fuel overflow valve located volvo d12

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by TooTall_101, Sep 4, 2022.

1. TooTall_101

TooTall_101 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2022
    Trying to replace overflow valve. Just not sure we're it is located

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Follow the fuel lines from the fuel filter housing to the head. The overflow valve should be on the front side of the head, where the supply should go around the back. I'm not too familiar with the D12, but that's how mine is on the D16. It's under the radiator overflow tank, right below the valve cover.

TooTall_101 Thanks this.
  4. TooTall_101

Sep 4, 2022
    I wasn't sure if I needed to remove the cylinder head to reach this. I get the fuel feed pressure error on my dash, and I believe this is the issue.

5. TooTall_101

Sep 4, 2022
    So I would need to remove valve cover to reach this?

6. loudtom

Aug 26, 2016
    No, it should be a hex head banjo bolt where the line comes from the head. It's below the level of the valve cover on the engine, not inside of it. Mine is on the front of the engine near the fan, but I think some engines might have them on the driver side at the front of the engine. Just follow the lines from the fuel filter housing and you should find it. Once you see the bolt, you can determine if you can just remove and replace, or if you need a flex/swivel ratchet or remove some parts to access it.

http://www.hhrvresource.com/VolvoDo...nuals/D13/Fuel Overflow Valve Replacement.pdf

TooTall_101 Thanks this.
  7. loudtom

Aug 26, 2016
    TooTall_101 Thanks this.
  8. TooTall_101

Sep 4, 2022
    Definitely Appreciate it Driver!!

loudtom Thanks this.
  9. BIGWEM

BIGWEM Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2022
    Hello. I have a 2005 Volvo FM12 D12 engine. It's refusing to start and it's saying fuel feed pressure low. I start it by removing the boost sensor from the manifold with something flammable and I starts right away when I swing the key. No diesel is returning to the tank through the fuel return line. Any ideas? I changed both pumps and non return lines already and the problem is still there. And I lost some power as well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.