Where is the stereo amp on the newer Petes located?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by The Unatrucker, Jul 17, 2014.

1. The Unatrucker

The Unatrucker Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Not sure if I just noticed and its always been like this, but I get a static/scratching sound from the sleeper speakers when they're at low volume. when they're at loud volume they still kick and sound great, sub sounds fine too. Could the amp be slightly fried? Pete 579 btw

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I think the amp is built in the head unit. If you have a rheostat type sleeper volume switch then possibly that's your problem. Scratching sound sounds like a poor connection somewhere and the high volume hides the distortion. If it is under warranty I wouldn't go out of my way but next dealer visit for something else I would tell them about the problem. Your company wouldn't be happy digging around the dash. If anything I would check the speaker connections and stereo connections for a loose connection.

I had a 09 Pete and the factory stereo in it rocked.

The Unatrucker Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    The control needs cleaning, use some Deoxit on it if you can or have your shop do it. It will clean it right up for you.

The Unatrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.