Where is (Western Star) located on the "Truck Brand Totem Pole?"

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Blackducati750, Nov 21, 2010.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Kelowna built Star: Above KW and Peterbilt.

Post-Daimler buyout: still a better thought out truck than most. Quality not as good as it used to be.

sirjeff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I drove and lived in a 2015 Western 3900 SB glider built by Harrison with Detroit factory Rebuilt 12.7 for 15 months.

Loved the big solid doors and the simple dash along with the huge roomy Footwell that you could really stretch out in when driving.

Also the 60 inch sleeper with the wood cabinets was well thought out and solid.

The mentioned window regulator was a problem but I give the drivers side power window a lot of abuse.

The window defroster is useless for the side windows once you get down around 15 degrees so you better have some fans running if you want to see your mirror.

Probably just the SB model but it drove beyond Krap when you were empty. So bad I had to fill the forward hung tanks immediately just to keep it manageable

Comparatively my old million mile 9300 international drove like a dream. Probably the axle location.

I drove a new Kenworth 680 for a month when I first started. Drove like Krap and the cabinet doors did not cooperate with Michigan roads.

4. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    What he said! LOL

Wwe sucks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted