Where to go?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by russwasherejr, Sep 15, 2008.

1. russwasherejr

russwasherejr Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Charleroi, Pa
    I already have my cdl, and about 130 hrs of driving training with werner, which I voluntary quit. (yesterday) i hope they dont put anything on my dac report bad about it. But what trucking school would you guys suggest for me, that will take me at 22 years old, and 120 hrs of training, I am guessing I would have to finish the rest there. I hope..I want knowledable trainers that can help me, and not scream in my face like at werner, with good dispatch or fair/decent. I know I am expecting alot, but its us that have to live out on the road, not them.

Any suggestions?

Swift/Werner/Schneider is out of the question.

I spent 3 weeks on a track got 120 hrs of training DRIViNG FORWARD with him doing all the trip planning and only straight line backing into truck stops. No 45 degree backs. I am deteremined to make it as a driver, I just need the right sources, anybody? Thanks in advance.

- John

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    What made you guit? I know if you have a bad trainer you can request a new one.

4. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

After reading this earlier I then read his post about Werner on the Report a bad Company section. He had a dirt bag of a trainer, and he allowed it to build up to him quitting. He did request another trainer, and was refused.
    He only referred to some problems about the trainer that he had a bad odor when he first got with him. Not sure if the trainer train him anything or not just he had a bad smell and he got yelled at by the trainer. Also claimed the trainer hit some parked trailers in a Drop Yard.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr.../53364-22-year-old-bad-expierence-werner.html

Now that his side of the story in a nut shell.

Well we know Werner out now, you've burned that bridge already. Schneider does have a good training program and not as bad as you might think. Swift Also has a training program but you will have to be in the good attitude to make it, with any company as that goes.

We can list companies after Companies. But will they be a good one or bad one will be up to you. Every Company different yet the same. Each has their different ways, and they have the same ways also. Weather you can make it a go at one is up to you. Not the DM, Trainer, or Payroll department, but it all on you to make it.

So to sum it up, we can list companies till we are blue in the face, but it is up to you where to go, and if you make it through the training and remain with the company.

5. russwasherejr

Sep 15, 2008
    Charleroi, Pa
    I appreciate the info I might look into schneider, my dad is a 20+ year trucker, who know drives for OST in baltimore maryland but there dispatch is here in smithton pa...he told me he started out with schneider and as far as home time they were pretty good with it.

Theres a few companys I looked at mine tellin me the qualities of such of some of the companys that seperate them from the others?

Schneider
    Transport America
    Maverick
    Swift
    Us Express

Etc.

Now since I have 120 hrs done already, would I be able to start there from any other company?

Let me know what you think my best option is, just give me some pointers/opinions. I appreciate your guys feedback, very much appreciated.

Everyone be safe out there!

6. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

You will still have to go out with a trainer with any of the companies. Do not worry it will better if you did since you not worked with that company before and all have different ways of doing paper work. Truck Driving is more than driving...

Good Luck

7. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Look in to Roehl; they run your way, regional, and are supposed to be pretty decent. Also TMC... I have heard good and bad about on here. And have been told there are some union jobs available in that area also...

Most likely your training with Werner will not be counted. You will be starting from scratch. Maybe not, but don't count on it.

Good luck. I am looking at companies out that way myself...

8. russwasherejr

Sep 15, 2008
    Charleroi, Pa
    i' got a job interview friday for a local company with just a few drivers do flatbed, it's $12.50 hr

9. forgotten1

forgotten1 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2008
    corcoran, ca
    That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Get out a phone book and start calling every local company in it. That's how I got my first trucking job.

Of course that can have it downside too. Like being fresh out of school and being handed keys and directions to your first load with the words, "Good luck buddy you can do it."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.