Which company should i choose?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by liz060270, Sep 16, 2013.

1. liz060270

liz060270 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2013
    I was a driver with the Army, and just finished school with Roadmaster. I have offers from Schneider, Werner, TMC, and Stevens, any thoughts on which company would be best to start out with? thanks for any input

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    It all depends on where you live. Where do you live or which major city do you live by?? TMC is flatbed. If flatbeds what your interested in, id also apply to Maverick which also has a reefer division. Training at both Maverick and TMC is top notch. For van, i'd eliminate Werner. I'd also look at HO Wolding which is a small company worth looking into. I'd also consider Averitt Express if they have a location near you. Other companies worth looking into, Garner, Valley, Epes, Knight/Squire, Conway. In my opinion, it would be worth submitting an application in Abiliene Motor Express as they take select students. I would use Werner as a last resort. Hope this helps.

4. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Gordon might be worth looking into. Your pay is not gonna be that great just starting out but its best to go with a company with a good csa score.

5. ManeshJiani

ManeshJiani Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Dear Fellows,
    This is Engineer Manesh Jiani from Pakistan belongs to a religious minority here. I'm too much interested in the truck world and long haulage as its concerned with Mass Transit. So may any of friends tell me how to proceed?

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Stay as far away from averrit as you can. You will starve to death with these people. I live close to their headquarters and tried them. Worst 2 months of my life. The only company worse than them was central transport.

7. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Manesh... let me be the first to apologize for the previous remarks. What makes this country great is all the diverse cultures that have come here with a desire to work and succeed. I am acquainted with many who have come here from Pakistan and India and have found them to be very honest and hard working people. There are those in this country that believe if anyone comes here then they are going to take something away from them. If you want to drive a truck in the states then I am sure the Department of Motor Vehicles in the State you choose to reside in will advise you of what the requirements are.
    Good luck .. and a word of caution... never use the term "mass transit" in the U.S. kind of makes us a little nervous over here...lol

ashltn and 123456 Thank this.
  8. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    IF you want to do flatbed go TMC, they are very pro-veteran. Of what's left after that I'd take Schneider. Stevens would be a little meh and I would rather live under a bridge then go with Werner.

mushroom1464 Thanks this.
  9. ManeshJiani

Sep 17, 2013
  10. ManeshJiani

Sep 17, 2013
  11. brutus16097

brutus16097 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2011
    rayville,la
    look at companies that a good reputation ,ask other drivers that work the company your looking at.look at this like basic training,the more you learn the more viable you become,look a safer score......bad scores mean more inspections,companies are looking to fill a trk.2-3 conversations with a recruiter is not an informed decision.many factors come into play,location,pay,benifits......How do they treat students.......when will i get home.bear in mind you need to stay with your first company at a year,then you can the shots

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.