Which company to work as a company driver in Houston?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by tfnsylmz, Dec 19, 2018.

1. tfnsylmz

tfnsylmz Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Hello, i have a little different background in car hauling industry.

I'm working with my friend since 3 years with 5 car sun country trailer as owner operator. Only brand new cars. He drives the truck but we do together rest of it. Loading, unloading, damage check, whatever you name except driving the truck. So i know the job itself i just don't drive.

I'm going to move in Houston probably in February. I got my CDL last year but i don't have OTR mileage in my pocket since i haven't drive the truck. This is the deal breaker i guess.

I can start to work with 4-5 cars without training since i already know those trailer. I load 5 cars in half an hour and unload in 15 mins. 6-7 cars are also seems easy. 9 cars would take some time i guess because there are lots of decks to play. Only training i need is loading and unloading 9 car trailer. I know the rest anyway.

The most important thing for me is having the newer equipment because i want to work. I know guys with older equipments can't make any money because trucks are in the shops every time.

I'd love to work local or regional like home every day or home every weekend but i don't mind going OTR too.

Which companies should i apply?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 18 wheels of fury

18 wheels of fury Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Houston
    Hansen and adkins

tfnsylmz Thanks this.
  4. tfnsylmz

tfnsylmz Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Thank you for suggestion. They require 2 years OTR according to their website. Would they accept me without OTR? I mean yeah i'll call to recruiter and talk next month but trying to find my alternatives from now.

5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    never no.

6. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Call USAL.

tfnsylmz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.