Which fuel card offers the best deals?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TruckRunner, Oct 5, 2018.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I kind of feel this way.

Example: I need fuel Fri morning before rollin out. The TS I was at (smaller chain) I could get a nastc discount from. Their app showed "todays price" at $3.27/gal. So I planned my mileage out to get enough to stop at another station on my route that was almost 20 cents cheaper a few hundred mi away. Go to pump fuel and the price on the pump...$3.19.

So they cant even keep their #'s right it seems.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018

Bingo. Then I use my Ally credit card for .02 per dollar. Then I deposit the cash back into my Ally savings and get !0% more on that. No monthly/year fees better fuel and no inconsiderate ######## blocking the pump.

Opendeckin Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I buy at an independent that has branded fuel. Their current PUC (Oregon) price is $2.90. I get an $0.08 cash kick back from the station every time I hit 1k gallons. In addition, I get a $0.06 per gallon credit using my Mobil fuel card.

So, in essence that is $2.76 a gallon. That's about $0.48 a gallon lower than the nearest mega truckstop posted cash price.

Of course, I'm not getting points for showers, however, I don't need it because I'm home most every night these days.

But, I do get points using my Mobil Rewards card which I can in turn use towards price reduction on next fuel purchase, store goodies, etc. Most of the time I use those points to fill my personal vehicle, which is a win-win.

5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Contact them directly. They'll give a current price sheet. They're mostly TAs and in the Northeast predominantly. I'm actually cancelling my membership with them. Too much junk mail and the fuel discount availability is just too limited. I've been having better luck fueling at smaller non-marked up small stations.

6. 2 CHAINS

2 CHAINS Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Somebody has to pay for it . The discounts the Megas get is being passed off to the little guy who doesnt get the big discounts. You can Rob from Peter to pay Paul or visa versa doesnt matter the tstop not gonna lose

7. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    nastc. RTS fleetone, other brokerage/trucking companies offer a fuel program. Or you can do what others have mentioned.

8. Vitkouski

Vitkouski Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Try one from TransConnect Services Fuel Card System. My friend had one. Prices are compatible to NASTC. Looks like they don't have members and others fees.

9. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Why did your friend stop using it?

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Nastc does alright in the northeast......I can’t beat their price up here.

11. Vitkouski

Vitkouski Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Wrong wrote. They just get it.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.