Which One Of These Guys Are Most Likely A Super Trucker?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bryan21384, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    If you back in at the edge the lot, any edge. Side, rear, doesn't matter. The rear of the trailer usually hangs over the curb. As much as ten feet or more depending on tandem adjustment.
    That's ten feet or more that doesn't stick out in front.

If you nose in, and most of the time you see that at edges, you only go in as far as the steers. Or even to the front edge of the bumper.
    That means all seventy plus feet if tractor and trailer is in the slot from front to back. And all that rear end is sticking out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sometimes I pull in cause I'm tired and its dark. Pulling in is a better option, than saying your sorry. Here is my insurance information.

Sometimes I pull in cause I'm just plain old lazy. Dont like it TFB.

Sometimes I pull in cause, in order to back in. I will need to go turn around, and come from other direction. And it's the last spot and guys are already circling.

Sometimes I pull in because for whatever reason. I dont want the bozo next to me looking in my truck.

Sometimes I pull in just because I want to. Once again don't like it, TFB!!

Sometimes I pull in because. Im worried about the xyz driver pulling out and taking my hood off.

But most of the time. I play nice and back in.

Woodys and Flashdrive7 Thank this.
  4. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    The hardest job, and at the end of the day. It just might be backing in. Doesn’t excuse not considering others to avoid it.

Make it about your character. Then get it done.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't nose in much. Every time I have done so it has been a problem getting out. It's pretty rare for me to nose in.

For example Breezewood had a lower terraced truck parking I think on the north wall. If you find that spot where there is no spaces to park in that back row because trucks have to turn at the far end to run down the next rows you can sometimes back straight out with lots of room.

Hazmat is really stupid pulling in like that. Far left is crooked. The military flat eh...

I hate to be difficult. But there appears to be room to circle and back em in proper.

6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I will nose in sometimes when I shut down late and feel good the crowd eill be gone when I'm ready to go. Everything I own has a fixed rear axle so I am going to stick out what I stick out either way. I can rent a trailer easier than a truck

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You do realize that not everyone pulls a box with sliding tandems right?

8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If you notice about 90% of the people who complain about others nosing in run around with their tandems ahead and back in until they touch the curb, which means their 53 is about 8ft over the curb. They don’t know what it’s like to be a target because they never are one. We’re the lazy ones because we’d rather our trailer get hit and not the truck. We’re the lazy ones because it makes it harder to back in next to us. Blah blah blah.

And @Ridgeline that truck on the left is crooked as all get out. Lol.

9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Parking is different everywhere. I try to assess a spot where I'll be taking at least a 10 before going in so I'm not blocked or I won't block anybody else. I'll park however I want, and whichever way will afford me the safest and quietest place to sleep. The drivers that make me mad are those who come in late and don't back far enough into a slot, and are sticking out too far next to you for you to get out. I've woken a few guys up pre-dawn to back up their trucks further into a slot so I can get out without hitting them. The absolute worst people to park next to are those who idle all night and have an air leak. Their compressor shuts off every minute or so and it's like they're setting their brakes and keeping me awake all night.

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    There are many Petro truckstops that are layed out with some rows backwards so you either nose in, or blindside in...I personally will nose in out of self preservation so that the Swift/CRE/CRST driver trying to blindside into the spot next to me doesn't tear bodywork off when his trainer guides him into my truck (a trainer who has 6 more months driving experience than his trainee).

Besides, when I use to pull a reefer, I would make every effort to avoid parking my noisy Carrier unit right next to someone's sleeper if I could avoid it...there are a few of us courteous drivers out here still.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  11. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Fish your own bobber.

They aren’t bothering you.

12. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    And here we have another case of , your not doing it like me so it's wrong.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.