Which one?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Clara3, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    It's really hard to know where to look when you're trying to find a good trucking company. Only have 1 year experience, company I've been with this first year really doesn't seem to appreciate their drivers. They certainly do not compensate me fairly, not even paid a living wage and I am a hardcore driver. So I really have been looking around online lately and I'm finding that it's quite difficult to figure out who the good companies are. I know that, rather i assumed that, the best companies are going to be the companies that are hard to get into and require more than a year experience driving. And I can appreciate that. I don't blame them for being strict. They should be and someday I will get to that point of experience. But for now, I still want to drive with a company that at least pays me a living wag/fair wage. Sign on bonus would be really nice as well. I just don't understand why a lot of these Trucking websites claim that they have sign-on bonuses and then you talk to the recruiter and recruiter says that they don't have sign on bonuses. Can anybody please recommend any trucking companies anywhere in the United States, I don't care where I have to go, that are on the honest side of the fence as possible? I'm a really hard worker and a very dedicated, loyal driver even to a company that doesn't give two licks about me. I have strong work ethics and I don't burn bridges. I just want to work for a company that gives back the same respect. If anybody can recommend any good, honest companies, I'd eally, really appreciate it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Thank you!

4. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lessors Inc.
    Tribe Transportation
    Climate Express
    Holland Enterprises Inc.
    IWX Motor Freight
    Great Plains Transport - guaranteed $1250 weekly plus bonus's on top of that. Still paid the guarantee while on home time.
    Freymiller
    https://freymillerdrivers.com
    Plus, we’re proud to announce a new partnership with Home Creations that makes it easier than ever for Freymiller drivers to own their own home – ask your recruiter for more info!

Jarhed1964, Clara3 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Do those companies require a sleep apnea test? ;-)

Vic Firth, Clara3 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not that I know of; maybe, but haven't seen anything.

Clara3 Thanks this.
  8. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Yes! And I'll get one if they want. Thanks!

9. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Just so we are clear here, I have nothing to hide and I'm not trying to dodge a sleep study at all. I just don't want to be made to pay thousands of dollars out-of-pocket for a machine that I most likely do not even need. If you wear a CPAP machine while you're trying to sleep and you don't actually have sleep apnea, then you will not get proper airflow. These episodes will lead to not getting good quality of sleep which is just as dangerous as somebody who has sleep apnea and doesn't get good quality sleep. I don't think you understand my mission here at all. And it is a bit upsetting to me that you would support this type of practice. I do not wish to work for a dishonest company that makes money off of another company where neither company has the driver in mind. I do not wish to be a part of a company that tries to make profits off of their drivers and feels kickbacks aren't dishonest . i do not support that and I think it's dirty. If you challenge me on this and support this kind of ideation l, I would say shame on you as well. I do not appreciate. being accused of trying to do something illegal or dishonest. I would never do anything to jeopardize my CDL or my reputation. Therefore, anyone who thought it was okay to badger me last week when I asked about sleep apnea studies, please try to keep your ill, unprofessional opinions to yourself because quite frankly we don't actually know each other. I would encourage you to stop easily passing judgment on people you've never actually met; after all, we are all supposed to be basically on the same team as we are all truck drivers. Support and understanding should be strongly promoted in this type of environment, not ridicule.

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Have you given any thought to returning to your career in medicine? You said in another thread that you had a degree.
    The health care industry in my part of the world is screaming for experienced people and the money is sure better than truck driving.

Jarhed1964 and Clara3 Thank this.
  11. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Noooo i hated it!! I love driving! I'd never go back

Jarhed1964 and Deere hunter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.