Which States are the unfriendliest to truckers?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by dieselbear, Mar 9, 2009.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Oregon's got to be the worst ever for the Dept of Transport

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    yea Oregon tops it for the 11 western zone they checked my log book for almost 1 hr till they finally got me for sleeping 9.45 hrs and for driving 11 taking 2hrs off duty and sleeping 8 then coming back on duty...it says you can do that in the back page of the log book but he still got me..and he had a real freakin attitude....97 southbound past Madras watch that guy....

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Gary's weather forcasting stone thats great mate

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Ma. there are almost NO truck stops in the entire state

6. Leftlane larry

Leftlane larry Bobtail Member

May 16, 2011
    springfield,Il
    Never had a problem in cali but Kansas is always pulling on the spot inspections.. Make sure your book is current if your rolling through that state. Been DOT'd there more than any other state.

7. Heirforce1

Heirforce1 Medium Load Member

May 16, 2011
    The Windy City
    Weigh station in Banning Ca, even going towards the parkways in NYC will get you a $200 reality check, going 65 on I57 where the troopers station is, going on I80 in OH. I could go on and on but why ramble??

8. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    When you are near on of the bigger cities in the US, Boston, it would be logical to have parking for big trucks. But just about every rest area anywhere near the city has enough legal parking for maybe 25 trucks. You have to park in the fuel islands, no parking zones, It is total bull carp.

9. Urzandowski

Urzandowski Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Medford. Orygun
    I drive west of the Mississippi. In this area, I hate Kalifornikastan. Ill see more Bears there in one day, than Ill see the rest of the week driving the western states. They have black n white bears. They have black bears. They have polar bears. Bears in pickups, and bears you dont even know there a bear until their on your 6. They even have bears in the air!

Dave 1960 Thanks this.
  10. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    A rule of thumb, any split speed limit state. I've had the worst of luck in Washington , Oregon and Illinois. Never really had any problems in California, even ran into a local in the Pilot by Otay Mesa who was a part time Dump Truck driver.....Really cool feller! I parked half a--ed crooked into a parking space in a hurry to go get my recipt from the fuel desk and when I came out there was a San Diego PD car spotlighting my truck and his first words outta his mouth were. "Where did you learn to drive? Swift!"

11. Omniscient

Omniscient Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2011
    The lost Highway
    Well I don't think it varies by state more by areas or towns in different states. If any of you ever pull through Clara City MN make ###### sure your going the 50 mph on the overpass going East into town because theres a rookie trying to make a name for himself. He's pulled me over when I came over the overpass at 52 mph.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.