Which truck has better fuel milege

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MightySingh, May 11, 2021.

1. MightySingh

MightySingh Bobtail Member

May 11, 2021
    Its from trucking company.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MightySingh

May 11, 2021
    I havent received contract yet. Still getting intial paperwork and checks. Once i get it. I will share details.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  4. MightySingh

May 11, 2021
    Will post more details asap i get them.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    You might want to read some of the lease purchase threads on this forum

6. MightySingh

May 11, 2021
    Thanks will do.

baha and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  7. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Another question, how much driving experience do you have? Many Many L/O FAIL, because they have no business experience, like they said read a TON of other posts on Lease operating and best of luck..I would spend a couple dollars and have an Attorney look at it so you don't get hosed, and we have to read about your failure in a few months or your frustrations, be smooth on your shifting and consitent in driving you should be able to get decent $$$$

MightySingh Thanks this.
  8. MightySingh

May 11, 2021
    I have been driving since 2017, have more than 2yr experience.
    What kind of attorney i should contact any?

9. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Okay good, we see A LOT of people have a month of driving and want to get into Leasing a truck and if you have no prior business knowledge lease may be an issue, also don't forget you are going to need extra money for everything, you are going to need money for repairs, fuel, insurance, taxes and all that stuff, yes the weekly pay out may sound enticing but let's play devil's advocate for a moment, and ALL this is going to be on other threads, you have a truck and are driving down the road and blow a tire, how much does that cost to repair, $300 on the low end, depending on if it's new or used. Have you checked fuel prices lately? Also what if you have a MAJOR repair needed to the truck, let's say you loose a transmission or heaven forbid an Engine? Do you have money in reserve for that, just basic PM on a power unit is gonna be expensive..Just remember BIG TRUCKS MEAN BIG REPAIR BILLS...I honestly hope you come back and say I AM MAKING A KILLING and LIVING THE BIG LIFE, but the stats don't lie...
    Any attorney familiar with contracts would work, there are a lot of attorney's that specialize in the industry. Just some things to think about...Happy trails and keep us updated on your success

MightySingh Thanks this.
  10. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    also if you are LEASING you aren't an O/O YET, you are a Lease Operator

11. MightySingh

May 11, 2021
    Thanks will do. I am going to be very careful before i sign the contract. Hopefully things will work out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.