White Volvo Looses Wheel

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by HalpinUout, Mar 7, 2018.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    This guy likes to resist arrest and needs an interpreter in court. Unbelievable. They need to start deporting these idiots. The US lets you come here for a better life and you act like an Idiot, go back home.

Kyle G. and stayinback Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Couldn't agree more-

You know what I do Halpin'??

I Wear Work Shirts everyday with my name And the US Flag on the left Shoulder- Every Time a Volvo or CahScahdiah, Goes to Pass me on the Interstate- I'll Honk just as they are Window to Window with me and Deliberately Point at the Flag on my arm with a Mean Dirty Joe Look on my Face.......

Notice how I Pronounce Cascadia? They Love the White Volvo or White Cascadia.

Frickin Tired of it

Now Back to the Accident, I cant view the video- What came off the Axle?? was it a Rail Chassis with those Inboard Brakes/Axles? Or your Typical Hub Pilot Wheel?

If a Hub Pilot- YOU Gotta Make Sure Your Axle Nuts have the Locking Tabs Secure when your done Maintaining a Seal or whatever,.

Stemco Came out with this New ProTorque Nut With a New Design Locking Mechanism, Love em.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The wheel hub assembly(along the associated wheels and tires) came off. This was an older model Volvo (2005 model year-13 year old tractor).

stayinback Thanks this.
  5. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Ok,If that's the case- It Will NOT be against the Driver Then,Unless of Course,He Was the Last person to Service that Wheel End- You Cannot Visually See a Loose Wheel doing a Pretrip..

Someone Either didn't Lock Down the Nut- Or The Spindle Failed.

shogun Thanks this.
  6. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    And just to add to what I mentioned- Probably 90% of Drivers Don't even Know what Im Talking About.

This Can Happen to ANYONE new or Experienced IF they don't know Who is Servicing their Wheel-Ends- Your Kinda at the Mercy of your Tech- If You aren't Doing them Yourself.

So, In Reference to this Accident...This may NOT be the Drivers Fault- Need More Info on Who did the Last Wheel End Service.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    That’s what I was thinking. I have seen entire assemblies come off and end up in a field. Some hubs are sealed and you can’t tell if there is adequate grease or it’s at a failing point. It would fall in the carrier for neglect on PM’s I would think, or improper install if recently worked on.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    stayinback Thanks this.
  8. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Finally someone mentions recent maintenance. Everyone talks about the driver. Pretrip inspection does not consist of checking torque on every wheel nut. Or if the whole hub came off ( looks like just wheel- & rim) again pretrip doesn't include re-torque of axle and wheelbearings. Hope the mechanic isnt at fault.

stayinback Thanks this.
  9. stayinback

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Again, I didn't see any photo/video of this accident,(I cant view for some reason? But Anyway- Its Rare to see 10 Lug Nuts just "fall off" A Hub Piloted Wheel...Its Usually the Spindle Nut From Poor Roads that Will Loosen Easy if your Locking Tabs aren't Secure Or Old and Break....

As Im Not siding Yet with the Driver Here......Im Betting a few Bucks this Wheel Came off without any Knowledge- It Looks Good because All 10 Lugs looked Secure- But that's Not the Issue.

Another Reason Why IM the Only Person that services my truck and Trailer, That Way Im Responsible If Anything Happens and Wont take the Fall If some HalfWit Mechanic does poor Work,

Folks,These Roads are the Worst I have ever seen them, Don't Think Any of you are immune From Blowouts, Axle/Suspension Breakage Driveline Failure or Fuel Tank Strap breakage.
    Yet,the way the System is Drawn up...The Blame is on the Operator of the Vehicle, They'll Never accept infrastructure as a Means of Disaster.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.