Who bought butler tank out?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by istumped, Dec 14, 2019.

1. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Looking at a butler s.s. tank currently. Wondering who bought them out so I can get a stick in, stick out chart? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Great question. It got me curious and I did a little digging, but came up empty.

The newest Butler tanker (liquid) I found searching Truck Paper was a 1978. So they might've been gone awhile and I never noticed.

Maybe call one of the "big" tank repair shops, like Jacob Press' Sons. They might have some strapping charts on file. Just a thought. Good luck!

Please post how ya got one if ya get one. Thanks!

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Unless it was gauged by E F Saybolt, the charts are all calculated by the engineers so find the same year and capacity and the chart should be the same.

Most of the old Matlack trailers had etched metal charts on the outside by the ladder...

homeskillet Thanks this.
  5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I saw a couple of them, but by the mid-1990s they were few and far between.

Handy feature, though.....just like the "super dome"!

6. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    CLTL and Matlack both built their tanks well and maintained them well. I used to show off a Matlack rebuild to my students...an MC306 from 1965...I used it as an example of how the Spec Plate changed as the Spec's improved...it's plate was the size of a business card but from across the yard, it looked fairly new...their re-build program was extensive.

homeskillet Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.