who carries a weight bench in/on truck?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by BrianBaine, Oct 4, 2009.

1. BrianBaine

BrianBaine Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm wanting to start back working out and wondering what bench some of you guys are using. Is it best to get a folding bench, a bench that is easily disassembled, or just a small bench in general? What are you using and how do you store it? Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    I carry 2 small stools and a 4'x2"x12". Not ideal but easy to use. Being basically lazy if I had to assemble something that would be an excuse to not exercise. For bench presses I use 2 small ladders to support the bar.

4. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    Who needs a bench when you have these?
    [​IMG]

5. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    I don't carry a bench. I've improvised ways to work all my muscle groups without one. Seems to be working for me- I'm getting stronger.

6. uncommon_belief

uncommon_belief Light Load Member

May 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I've been lifting for six years. I have done low reps, heavy weight for the past two-three years... however, I did something to my knee that put me out five weeks. I lost a ton of muscle but decided to get back into working out a different way. I decided to run just as much as I lifted. It's been amazing.

I do not know how you could lift in a truck, and I'm not saying I don't life, becaue I do, I just don't lift as heavy or as much as I use to... I reserve twenty minutes to a half hour and run at the end of my workouts. My torso is tighter, my arms are fuller. I do not feel as wide as I use to be but I'm definitely in better health than I was when I could press the house if I wanted to.

It definitely does something to your ego though... I'm about 20 pounds lighter than I use to be and I'm not as big as my other buddies who lift... but dang, I know I have to feel A LOT better in regards to overall health.

At first I could only do a mile... and it would kill me. The day before yesterday I did 3.something before I had to call it a run. And I've only been running for about 3 weeks. You just have to push yourself but it's worth it.

I recommend trying it.

7. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now it would be much cheaper and a lot easier if you started pulling a drop deck and start heavy haul and you would make more money on top of it , and after a couple of years you would look like a super hero. just a thought .-----southernpride:biggrin_25519:

8. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I got a 48 foot weight bench...:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.