Who else is having a bad week?!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Cattleman84, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    So I came into work on Thursday, and it just goes down hill from there.

My truck was hooked to a trailer already, so I figured I just use it. Pulled into wash bay to wash it out... Then I notice it still has a seal on it. So I go get a different one, wash it out, then find it has an ABS light on. So I pull it in the shop, mechanic looks at it says it aint going anywhere, needs wheel seals and brakes. So I get another and wash it, finally out on the road.

Takes nearly 4 hours to get loaded when it usually takes 1.

Break down in Montpelier, ID. Takes nearly 24 to get parts amd have service tech come fix the issue. By this time I-80 is shut down, so I reroute through Jackson, WY, across US 26 to Ogallala, NE to finally get on I-80.

I get delayed by poor road conditions 3 times in as many days. This morning I wake up and it is 0 degrees... No biggie.

About 2 or 3 miles before my delivery I blow a brake-can and smoke a brake. Limp into my delivery to drop trailer (1.5 days late). Then spend about an hour to get that brake backed off, disconnect air line and put a dime inside, then reattach the airline (I'm buying more tools before I make another run... I didnt have the right size wrenches so I had to use a pair of vise-grip pliers).

Then I go to hook up to a trailer and get stuck halfway under it. Dig out the chains and chain up. Finish hooking up, pull trailer out of drift, then remove chains. Another hour gone.

Then I head down the road to a shop to get repairs done. 2 hours gone.

I'm soaking wet, freezing cold, and smell like a burnt brake... I dont care how much time I have left on my 11 or 14, I'm done for today. Time for a HOT shower!!!

Oh did I mention I've been sick as a dog for the last 4 days???

I hope this run gets better... Cause I'd hate to see what worse is... I'd better find some wood to knock on now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Well.... a bad week for me is not working. Been sitting since last Wednesday. That’s a bad week for me.

4. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    So far today. I’ve managed to drive 120 miles in 6 hours. After grabbing a loaded trailer, weighing it, and taking it back to be reworked.

Now I’m sitting at the Loves, watching one of their drivers have a REALLY bad day. It’s not just you ;)

5A76203B-2396-44DA-B600-1D70286B0E3C.jpeg

5. dclerici1

dclerici1 Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    MISSOURI
    How the heck did that happen?

SteerTire Thanks this.
  6. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d never get nowheres whilst driving a truck. Sorry for the crap day. We’ve all had ‘em, they suck.

7. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Bunk heater went out last night -5 out. Sat 10 hrs trying to keep warm no sleeping. Cant idle long with 3 min timer. Best i can get is 30 minutes of idle with trl brakes set and truck in neuneutraBut would still wake up less than hour to a freezing truck.

Company fixed it wjen i got back to the terminal by just removing the anti idle timer. Now i can idle forever lol. Now im sweating my balls off.... I cant win.

8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Well I got home last Friday and had what looked like cow snot and smells like antifreeze in the blowby tube, does that count as a bad week or just normal trucking?

Rideandrepair, Lepton1 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  9. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Getting the jest of it now lol
    I’ll update if I can. Locals here, State just pulled in.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. Cattleman84

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Hey I'll trade my weather in Ohio, for the weather where ever you are!

About the pic...
    So who hit who???

SteerTire Thanks this.
  11. Cattleman84

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Yeah thats a bad week. Sorry to hear it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.