Who is Hiring right now?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bigpapa7272, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    Big Pappa, I was reading through the thread from the beginning. You gave at least 8 to 10 reasons why you can't get a job and made 1 or 2 positive comments. It reminded me of a guy who loves his car but his wife wants him to sell it. So he advertises it for a rediculous price and then he can say "I tried to sell it", but it doesn't get sold. IMO you're setting yourself up for failure with your attitude. Human animals generally either consciously or unconsciously tend to create the proof that supports and substantiates their beliefs. Reading your posts it sounds like you don't believe there's a job for you. Change your beliefs and change your results. Continue to believe that there is no job and you'll stay unemployed, but more truely unemployable due to your beliefs. Start believing there is a good job for you and I bet you'll find it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    well when you apply somewhere and follow up and are given a run around, its frustrating. I dont exactly live in the best state for trucking jobs for newbies. The economy isnt helping the situation either. Swift and some other companies have made me play phone tag and its getting to be a p.i.t.a. (if you know what i mean) But dont come on here accusing me of having a poor attitude, how would you react if some kept giving you a run around and basically made you play phone tag?? Or the best one yet, We arent hiring in your area right now. Then later on you find out they will hire someone who is further away from the terminal than you are. Im sure you would be pretty ticked too. The only companies who havent given me runaround are ffe and werner.

Im halfway tempted to go into business for myself, get my own dot authority buy my own truck and not have to worry about dealing with recruiters.

Theres a difference between having a poor attitude and making sure you are making the right decision. I want to make sure the right decision is made the first time.

4. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    I appreciate your reply, but if you re read my post and then re read your response you will see that you once again have chronicled many of the reasons why you are not getting a job. IMO (In My Opinion) when you do that you are putting the message out that will create more of the same results. And, it's only my OPINION and worth every penny you paid for it! :biggrin_255: I hope you get better results soon.

5. millerlightman02

millerlightman02 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2008
    indiana
    could it be that they approved you back in November of 07' and you didn't go. or could it be you were approved at maverick and didn't want them to contact your employer. sounds to me you don't want a job. you have been looking since Sept of 07'. why so long to find a job? don't mean to sound like an ### but sounds to me you don't want a job.

6. kendallyates

kendallyates Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2008
    frederick md
    The Baltimore area has many jobs with in an hour or hour and a half. I live in Md and have seen many jobs. Toys R us, Bluelynx, TMC is always lookin because of Tamko in Frederick. Theres Bowman in williamsport/Hagerstown that has all Tractor supply Company freight trhat is goin out. Just because you "Apply" for the job dosent mean you are applying yourself. Nothing is given if you dont try. Good luck.

bigpapa7272 Thanks this.
  7. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR

You would not be smart to buy your own truck in this economy and without any experience you would be doomed to fail.

8. SLIDER999

SLIDER999 Light Load Member

May 11, 2008
    PORT RICHEY, FL
    Any suggestions for entry level position in florrida? Just did a refresher course. I'm trying werner & covenent first. Can't even find a temp job lately.

9. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    Well DM Bowman isnt hiring right now either.

waiting to hear back from Squire(new knight recent cdl grad training)

10. mikaboy

mikaboy Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2008
    richmond virginia
    I have been reading this forum for about a month and a half, and have found it very helpful. I also have talked with swift last was just before
    thanks giving, all information was given all is good, i can start there school
    after the holidays. Here's my problem, i will pay upfront but will be reimbursed in 6 months, why would they keep me knowing they will have to give back my $3900. One more question how much are you guys really
    making? Thanks for your help.

11. Maverick

Maverick Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Florida
    You are 100% correct bigpapa!
    Anyone that Wants to work for a living doesn't have prayer!
    I tried to get the Florida Job Link to pay for my training at a CDL school, and they told me I had to be out of work for nine weeks to be considered.
    Basically I am not poor enough!
    I guess you have to be a "professional slacker" before the government will help. Maybe when I lose my house and start collecting welfare and food stamps, they will consider me eligible. Instead of helping me keep what I have and get off the un-employment roles, they want you to keep getting UC.
    If the insurance companies would consider applicants on an individual basis, rather than the blanket policy they now have about recent experience, it would be easier for experienced drivers that haven't driven for a few years to get a job. That is the only reason I have to even consider a driving school. I have been away from the industry for 8-9years and no trucking company will hire me without 160hours of training for something I have done for many years. I have found very few that will accept a refresher course either.
    I guess you can learn more in three weeks of school and six weeks riding with a trainer than you learn from actually driving over a million miles!
    Basically what I'm saying "IT'S A BUNCH OF BULLCRAP"!
    Sorry I rambled on, but after five weeks of hearing I'm not "experienced" enough, I get a little "tense"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maverick:biggrin_2552:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.