Who Knows R&R Trucking? Joplin, MO

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bwood2800, Sep 5, 2015.

1. bwood2800

bwood2800 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2014
    I am researching this company that is out of a small town near Joplin, MO. Does anyone know about this trucking company? Please share if so. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I know they haul a lot of explosives. They also haul a lot of government freight too.

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Appear to be a "Team" operation only according to their web site.

5. ArcImpulse1

ArcImpulse1 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Kinda late, but I can answer this!

R&R is a team-based company hauling mainly Department of Defense and commercial explosives. They also haul hazardous waste (mainly Clean Harbors/Safety Kleen) and radioactive loads on the side . They do have a mining explosive tanker fleet for solo drivers based in Kentucky, but those spots rarely open up. They have both company drivers and O/Os. Company pay starts at $0.51/mile to the truck. O/Os get paid 67.2% of linehaul and accessorials, and 100% fuel surcharge. You will need to get a Secret level security clearance to run the bulk of their freight. They also require hazmat, and prefer you have your tanker endorsement just in case. Company trucks are late model Cascadias with APUs, and freight runs in 49 states (yes, there is an Alaskan run) and Canada. Trailers are mostly van with some flatbed.

R&R is great if you can handle DoD and explosive requirements. These loads almost always require constant attendance (someone awake and in the driver seat or within 25 feet of the truck with an unobstructed view) and, in the case of DoD loads, updates to the government every time you stop for any reason. You absolutely must understand hazmat paperwork and labeling. I'd say about 5% of the loads require no placards.

The thing I love most about R&R is seriously the people. They have no cubicles in the office. You can literally walk in and talk to a bunch of the big wigs whenever you want. We're on a first name basis with the vice president of operations and the president. The dispatchers treat you like adults. They expect you to know what you're doing or to ask if you don't. They leave you alone unless someone screws up royally. The recruiters are Dorena for company drivers and Dan for O/Os. They will take as much time answering your questions as you need (my boyfriend was on the phone with Dorena for an hour and a half the first time).

If you want a whole bunch of miles, this is NOT the company for you. My boyfriend/codriver have been here for 2.5 years and we're lucky if we get 130k miles a year. This is pretty standard for both company and O/Os. You will do a fair bit of sitting. 3 day weekends are common because many bases no longer ship on Fridays. If you are denied a clearance, you will not make money at this company. Also, I have to say that their trailer pool is pretty bad. Some of the trailers are from the late 80s. However, they're in the process of slowing buying new ones and refurbishing the older ones. Good pretrips are required for all trailers that you pick up because even this company has its share of "not my problem."

kylefitzy and Longarm Thank this.
  6. Christian woman trucker

Christian woman trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2018
    You must be aware of driving for this company. When I was driving for them we teamd and you get paid when you drive not as the truck drives. I don't know about you but I cant live off of 4 hundred to 5 hundred $ a week teaming hauling HazMat. the miles are short runs mostly in the east to south east coast and mid south states. O/O get the best runs like most companies do. be prepared to get lost or ask and make sure you have good directions. dispatchers don't want you to use GPS so you don't wind up in a place where you should not be with a load of HazMat. You drive on a lot of narrow dirt roads not built for a 53 foot trailer. The trucks are Freightliner Cascadia's with 3 hundred thousand miles or more and the trailers are in no better shape the breaks and tires have a lot ware on them for hauling Hazmat and we were in the shop a lot. they do have a maintenance department in one of their yards but they don't do preventative maintenance. For the kind of stuff that we haul explosives and military, the equipment should be top notch and new but it is not. The satellite Qualcomms are old and slow. Most everyone that works in the office is related to each other. Like Uncle B&&& works there and his son or nephew needed a job and he got him hired on and so they are all related. If they are not related they have their favorites then if you are not family or favorites you are treated like (*&^%$^). the company has 3 different operating names R and R, NEI and AATCO. They are very corporate the owners are a group of Wall street stock brokers in NYC so you get what you get but the main thing is the old equipment in very used condition and not maintained very well for hauling HazMat. and the poor pay for teaming.

7. TruTrucker

TruTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2023
    I drove for them. Awesome ppl. Specialized freight, things that go Boom!!!! Only safe & professional drivers work there. They are a wonderful group to work with. ❤️

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    .51 cpm to have a super secret clearance,lol

Dennixx Thanks this.
  9. BuffaloCreek

BuffaloCreek Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2018
    That post was from 2015.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.