Who to lease on with in GA to run ports

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Liquidforce, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Liquidforce

Liquidforce Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Savannah GA
    I have a direct client who I can work with in Savannah, running cans to/from the port. Who takes O/O’s down there? Spoke to Mag Carriers and they don’t touch intermodal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    A bunch of companies int he Port Wentworth area. Marine transport is one.

Liquidforce Thanks this.
  4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Atlantic Intermodal Services

5. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia
    Hi there. I’ve done some research and I’ll second the above posters reply for Atlantic Intermodal Services. Put in my application with you them last Friday. I live in the Augusta area, so the Charleston location is a better fit for me for HOS purposes. I spoke with one of the managers on the phone and he seemed like a pretty square and up front guy. If accepted, I’ll put in myself for a used tractor through a dealer to get to work. I tend to believe that owning your own equipment will net you higher satisfaction and revenue than leasing through the place that offers you work. They’d have too much control of your success/failure. A little off topic I know, just though I’d throw that out there.

6. Liquidforce

Liquidforce Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Savannah GA
    Thanks, what percentage did they offer you? I have my own work, so that’s not an issue. Good luck on your new venture

7. Hark

Hark Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Hey guys. I'm looking to move down south to savvanah. Any recommendations on the best paying intermodal companies I'm a owner operator in Chicago . And I want to move

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.