Who's at fault? Trucker or car

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mlejeune0509, Jul 17, 2018.

Who's at fault

1. Trucker

2. Car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Trucker is at fualt. If the car had a yelliw light. Ligjts go from green to yelliw to red..... It mean the truck was sitting on a red and made a legal right turn afyer a full stop but the car had the right away.

mlejeune0509 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    That makes sense. Normally the light would be red for a second or 2 before the cross traffic would get the green.

Bean Jr. and mlejeune0509 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's a nice pretty description.

When I show up and want that whole intersection I'll take it all. No one will be able to move anyway without hitting me. Im such a pig throwing my weight around. However I am still very angry at two people in Houston who forced themselves around me across my front end from my right as we both turned left legally on green arrow. How can they be allowed to live being so stupid is beyond me. I should have mashed them for good riddance. But Huntsville Prison is not my cup of tea.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  5. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    If the truck had green and the car had yellow then the light was at fault. Both vehicles were somewhat at fault. Truck for not seeing the car, car for trying to beat the light

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    Curious if the OP was involved?

7. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Thinking the same thing, but possibly... no! How could that be? If the car entered the intersection on a yellow, then it turns red for him green for the truck, how could the truck get going so fast?

Smelling the bs too!

TripleSix, SingingWolf and Petty Cash Thank this.
  8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    If so, then there is no question that the truck is at fault.

9. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    If the trucker admits he saw the car in the intersection, even though he may have had green, and continued forward and a collision occured...
    He caused the accident.

10. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    The only way the car had yellow and the truck had green would be if the car was traveling right to left and the green was an arrow. The picture shows car traveling left to right which means that one or the other proceeded on red.

As someone else stated, it's implausible that the truck got Rolling fast enough to hit the car (based on the picture) unless the car entered the intersection well after the light changed.

You can't enter an intersection until it is safe and clear enough to do so. I've sat through multiple green lights because of four wheelers stopping WAY past the stop bar on cross traffic, making a right turn impossible, and enough vehicles stacked up that the lead vehicles wouldn't be able to reverse their decision and get back behind the line. (3 cars ALL past the stop bar and a whole line more behind them stacked to the next intersection)

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  11. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    The OP has requested this thread be deleted. We don't make a habit of deleting threads but I will close it to prevent further replies.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.