Who's staying out for thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by rickybobby, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    Going home Sunday, coming out Wednesday :) Hate to see a student spend the day alone in a hotel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Staying close to the house. Thanksgiving this year is on Friday and Sunday.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Never much cared for the exotic stuff. I'll be sticking to my PBR. :)

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  5. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    I keep PBR, bottles only in the fridge at home, along with Beck's Sapphire, Killian's Irish Red, Guinness, Heineken, and occasionally, Warsteiner... and other assorted dark beers. PBR is one of my favorites and about the only yellow American beer I keep around.

6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I'm staying out this year I think. We have a driver that is new that really wants to be home. His load he has is uncoverd I may pick it up so he can have time with the fam also. I'm normally home every year but frankly im tired of the black friday BS and the choas that surounds Thanksgiving. I will be home for a week or two for Xmus to spend with the fam.

Speaking of Black Friday and Xmus is anyone sick of the utter greed these holidays have morphed into ? Its no longer about fam and making bonds its turn into Me me me me me.. And don't forget guys if you don't buy her diamonds she don't love you. God here comes the #### Jewelry commercials for the next 2 months.

7. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I heard the outdoor retailer REI was closing for Black Friday and encouraging people to spend time outside and thought that there's hope that we can turn away from the craziness that the holidays have become

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I'm staying out... better be some good rates with all of Schneider's nagging or else imma be pissed!

T_TRUCKER. Thanks this.
  9. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Can't turn away from something unless you get back to what the holidays used to be. For some its religious and for others it was time to spend together with fam and make lasting memories with the people you love. For others it was both.

From what I have seen alot the last 10 years it has turned into more greed and buying then anything. People no longer understand what these days were for. Sorry call me sentimental but when I was growing up I came from a huge fam, and these holidays we spent lots of time catching up and enjoying everyone's company. Lots of smiles and laughs.. It just seems so corrupted now and so far from what it means.

/rant off. Sorry guys, memories and fam mean alot to me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They're asking because they want to know how many drivers are running through the holiday so,they can book the right amount of freight

11. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    That is what they say, but it never seems to make a difference. Just my perception maybe. Besides, what if I change my mind the night before? SNI seems to think we run our trucks the same way they run theirs I guess.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.