Who's The Worst Of Them ALL to work for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Jan 28, 2006.

Who's the worst of them all?

  1. *

    Swift Transportation.

    22.7%
  2. *

    JB Hunt.

    8.8%
  3. *

    Werner

    11.5%
  4. *

    Covenant Transport.

    5.2%
  5. *

    (New) Prime Inc.

    3.7%
  6. *

    CR England.

    21.1%
  7. *

    Other

    27.2%
  1. Tip

    Tip Tipster

    2,294
    278
    Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    0
    The biggest lie I was ever told was this classic from an DM at an old company in Salt Lake:

    "Diesels don't produce carbon monoxide".

    I was skeptical, but went along with it. Understand this was when I was merely "born this morning" instead of my present age of "born yesterday". At least a lot of people in trucking think that's my age, and yours, too.
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. CWiggy532

    CWiggy532 Bobtail Member

    17
    4
    Jun 21, 2007
    0
    Looks to me like Tip is trying to suck up in an attempt to make nice with someone. Or have you started to see the light? Either way up the amount of Prozac, you are still being negative and disrespectfull.

    Not all dispatchers, brokers, etc.. are not bad just as all drivers are not bad. It is all how things happen and how everyone reads into what is said. An example here is you made a post in a different forum about you being a "master of trucking" Now you probably think that is very funny me personally I take offence to that comment. You have even disrespected the company I work for. I have my problems with said company yet they give me what I want most of the time. I make enough money to supply my family with a comfortable lifestyle. You have no right to condem them just for advertising
     
  4. tacc

    tacc Bobtail Member

    Tip, maybe you should get over it.
    I had a bad situation as a manager in retail a few years ago.I was forced out by a DM who brought in his buddies from his former company.It was hard as I was with them almost three years.But I have moved on.

    Now, I have my CDL and am going with Schneider.I am new but like I said, I have moved on.
     
  5. Tip

    Tip Tipster

    2,294
    278
    Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    0
    Hee-hee. So now I'm playing brown noser and trying to mend some fences? Man, the ideas you guys can come up with.

    No, there's no sucking up here, Mr. Wiggy. I don't do that. What I do is look at an outfit that has over 100% turnover and draw the obvious conclusion. I am one who wasn't born this morning. You are indeed happy at your company, James Clark. That's good. Glad to hear it. However, I know a few guys who aren't/weren't too happy with them. Not many, but a few. My guess is Clark is just like all the other outfits around there, and when they get sick of you, Mr. Wiggy, they will kick you to the curb like they do everyone else. Then what will you do? Come crying back here? You have to think of all those guys who were 'disrespected' by these companies in the past and adopt a mindset accordingly. You have to think of the past, the present, and the future all at once. Many are stuck in the present. The past means nothing to them, nor does the future.

    And Tacc, what exactly am I supposed to "get over"? Believing a high-turnover outfit sucks? If so, you need to get over that notion right now. So you, an ex-insider, got kicked out of your company. No surprise. If you haven't noticed, Tacc, trucking companies like to do that. I know plenty who are in your boat. One ex-insider I know had a mild heart attack and was let go because of workman's comp issues. He became a hot potato. Yeah, you better believe I'll disrespect any company that pulls that sort of thing. They deserve it, after all.
     
  6. Libertarian500

    Libertarian500 Light Load Member

    86
    6
    Jun 24, 2007
    Utah, for now
    0
    For the record, I'm actually a driver. 500 is my truck number (thus my nickname). :)

    Your last paragraph is very true. I talk to drivers all the time and don't mind some b.s. time, though it does get old after a half hour or so. Most drivers are "super truckers" in their own minds, I think. But that's true of any profession (be they "super firemen, super cops, super mechanics, etc.).

    As for the real devils in trucking, I'd say they are the government morons who come up with these hours of service rules and all the other pure crap we have to contend with to be "legal" out here. Oi.
     
  7. Libertarian500

    Libertarian500 Light Load Member

    86
    6
    Jun 24, 2007
    Utah, for now
    0
    :biggrin_2556:
    Since the average driver turnover rate, nationally, is 115% (last number I saw, it might have been updated, but I doubt it's changed), that precludes MOST trucking companies.

    I also drive for JH Clark and have said before that, while I have complaints with them, they aren't the kinds of complaints that make me want to walk. There's a company for every driver, but nowhere will be perfect. Find what fits you best and go with it. I've learned to work around the problems I have with Clark, for the most part. They haven't fired me yet and I'm probably the most bull-headed, obtuse driver they've had to put up with. Even compared to Wiggy. lol
     
  8. Tip

    Tip Tipster

    2,294
    278
    Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    0
    So true, Lib. Most companies, and I'm talking probably 80%, have turnover that I would call "too high to take a chance on". And the other 20%? Forget it. They're either union or you need to know somebody (somebody who LIKES you, I should say), meaning your odds aren't good at landing a job at those outfits. So we pick which company whose abuse we dislike the least, go with it, and pray to Allah, God, Buddha, Warren Buffet, whoever, that it works out.
     
  9. ryterguy617

    ryterguy617 Bobtail Member

    4
    0
    Jul 6, 2007
    0
    Geez...what a great statement!!! As one who believes he possesses more common sense than...well, the common man...that was wonderfully welcomed to read and terrific of you to say.
     
  10. Tip

    Tip Tipster

    2,294
    278
    Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    0
    Lots of people here have much, much more common sense than the common man. I like to think the cream of the trucking industry comes here. Most are. Those drivers who piss on the pavement, throw trash out any ol' place, scarff down pure lard three to six meals a day, and take showers maybe once a week will not be found here. They don't care enough about themselves, so why would they care about you? Why would they come here to find any information? Why would they bother to give you something that may help you avoid a bad decision?

    Yeah, we have much more sense than those pigs, er, drivers. We're doing our best to help everyone, even the pigs.
     
  11. mrsfuzzy

    mrsfuzzy Bobtail Member

    42
    3
    Jul 8, 2007
    in eastern shore
    0
    The list is long: forced into teams, solo's getting no miles or loads taken away mid-trip, after you leave, damning reports with DAC.
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted