Why can't they shut down Gunthers transport?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Old G man, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Old G man

Old G man Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Harmans, Maryland
    For years people have reported the company to authorities and can never shut the company down. CSA site has them as one of the worst companies. Read all the violations on csa site by using Gunthers dot # 1549504. not searching their name. Maryland cmv enforcement doesn't know how the company is still in business.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Even if they did, they know with a quick shuffle of paper and a name change they would be back on the road within days.

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  4. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind
    If they don't shut Swift down, they won't shut anyone down.

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    They show the people who decide a bunch of binders full of paperwork and cry and moan about how the stupid truck drivers screw everything up despite their best efforts.

6. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Corporal_Clegg and Injun Thank this.
  7. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    @double_r the links (for me) don't work. But while searching for Gunthers & Swift, I also searched for England. And while England has never been known for exemplary records - they currently suck almost as much as Gunthers! Sad.

8. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    Quote from article:::::::: It was the first case in the country to apply federal criminal felony false statement laws to the drivers' logs and records. Gunther was found guilty of seven out of eight counts, including perjury and conspiracy to defraud. He was sentenced to 30 months in prison, and the company was fined $170,000.

Now if they did that a few times a month we would have some safe roads and some great rates for loads and great pay as company drivers. In turn we would pay higher prices at wally world and every were else but it would be a truckers world LOL

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  9. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I figured the fines would have been more than that.

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I remember the owner doing prison time and always thought it funny visualizing this guy in the "joint" with hardcore murderers/robbers etc. At the mess hall, they probably got a kick out of this "Big Bad log book violator" doing time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.