why do so many truckers wear headphones?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by denton, Aug 2, 2011.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I think personally it is a real distraction while driving one needs to really focus their complete attention to whats going on out on the road. I'd love to know what the statistics bare in relation to how many incidents are causes in relation to the use of these devices.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J Man

J Man Medium Load Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Middle of nowhere
    If they are driving cheap new KW's like me then it is because the truck is so #### loud! ;)

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. TaterWagon#62

TaterWagon#62 Medium Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    WNY
    He is certainly a troll. But, he does have a point about Peterbilts. They are the Harley Davidson of trucking. You can get any part for those trucks in chrome and most of the owners will buy the chrome.

5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I've noticed lots of drivers wearing head phones as well ; not bluetooth head sets but huge music/studio playback style head phones .

Maybe they're team drivers and don't want to wake up the guy in the bunk while they crank the music . ?

6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I love it when I see a ratty, dilapidated looking Peterbilt with the paint peeling off it, with shiny straight pipes on it. The oil is leaking everywhere, tires are bald, and the last time it was washed was the last time it rained. But them pipes are polished!

Then the driver gets out, struts around as if he's the NBC peacock, and tells anyone who will listen just how great he and his truck are, while filling his gallon sized travel mug full of Mountain Dew. All while grumbling about how trucking sucks and immigrants are invading the industry. We've all seen this guy.

As a parting thought, the only reason Peterbilts exist today is to keep the immigrants out of Western Star's

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  7. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    As a company driver in a shiny new Pete I honestly had no idea how envious everyone was of me. I'm gonna start ordering people around at truck stops.

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I wouldn't say I'm envious. More like I have sympathy for you.:biggrin_25523: But hey, congratulations on the new ride. Nothing finer than a new ride

dedrouteCO Thanks this.
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    How in the hell did this become a Peterbilt bashing thread?

Lepton1 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  10. Jim the driver

Jim the driver Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Yaphank New York

11. Jim the driver

Jim the driver Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Yaphank New York
    I use a small blue tooth earpiece for my cell phones. One personal and one work phone. Most Radio/CD players and GPS units have blue tooth for phones but the quality is bad, in my opinion.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.