Why do some truckers dislike flatbed trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lonewolf403, Sep 12, 2010.

1. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Got answers on over hang but not OS and why some flag them. One guy said company policy. Not sure why but it seems he doesn't get pulled in as much.

Another guy said he does it because he would get pulled-in in IN all the time asking why he was not flagged. Now he does it and no issues.

Third was in message from a couple weeks ago from insurance agent "suggesting" that anything overhanging be marked as they have been seeing insurance companies settling on legal loads being rear-ended that are not marked.

The last one is the one I notice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. levi39

levi39 Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    live oak,fl.
    Because ya have to wear greasy T shirts, and work alot! But I'm glad someone wants to do it. :yes2557: Levi39

4. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    My shirts don't get greasy....That's what overalls are for.....:biggrin_25525:

zebcohobo Thanks this.
  5. Shotsjc

Shotsjc Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Albany, N.Y.
    I always hear because they dont pay enough to do all that extra work. I havent started yet, I am actually waiting on a trainer to pick me up. I got my class a license a little over a week ago. I chose flatbed because it will give me some exercise, different experiences, better shippers, oh yeah, and they will pay me a little bit more too. LOL

6. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    When I pulled a flatbed it was about pride. Having my load loaded and secured perfectly. It was extra work but it was rewarding too. Almost anybody can bump a dock and lump a trailer. It takes something different to tarp a load and make it look nice. I never went otr with it but I imagine the same rules apply, local or not.

OpenRoadDreamer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.