Why given CDL A permit

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mz4speed, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Mz4speed

Mz4speed Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2019
    I recently took a test at DMV to get my cdl a back. It has been suspended from a dui and I have been reinstated. I ve had a cdl a since 2007. Instead of getting the license, I got the permit. They said I can either find someone with a cdl a and rent a truck and come do a road test at DMV or check with trucking school. I decided to call my old school to take a refresher course and they said I'd have take the whole course again because of the permit. Why?! Does not make sense. I even have hazmat and tanker endorsement on my permit and was told that wasn't suppose be on the permit?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Driving under the influence ,and you want to drive a truck again. Good luck with finding a job.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It makes every sense, most states if not all require a formal period of time with possession of a CDL A permit.

To me a presence of a permit for the required time before taking a full blood 18 wheeler and a man to drive it to the test site is absolutely no conflict or stress.

Arkansas for grandfather drivers will reup you for a fee and passed tests and road trip with big rig same day to full blood CDL A if that is what you are prior. Otherwise you get a Class A permit.

If you are in a truck with a trainer who holds a full CDL A and the truck contains hazmat... YOU need hazmat on the permit.

Things have changed since 9-11, leaving off the boiler plate if there is nothing outrageous in history within your app you will hold a HM.

https://www.truckercountry.com/cdl-training/how-to-get-a-hazardous-materials-endorsement/

5. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    The only endorsements allowed on a CLP are P, S and N. Hazmat is not allowed on a CLP. 383.93 (a) 2. A state can allow testing and background check, but the H endorsement cannot actually be put on a CLP. A CLP must be held for at least 14 days before a road test can be performed. 383.25 (e) As far as the school not doing a refresher, many schools feel that a CLP holder cannot be refreshed only a CDL holder. Some schools don’t feel that way.

6. Mz4speed

Mz4speed Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lol, then why did Delaware dmv allowed to put the hazmat and tanker in my permit. They said it a new federal regulation that require you to have a permit again if have not been on road for more than a year. I said I got it no problem before for not being on the road for four years.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a new problem pending.

Vehicles loading Radioactive, certain amounts, plus explosive certain amounts etc are in addition to DVIR and Fleet Permits will carry a additional Permit specifically to be able to do it. If it is not adequate then it will not be hauled.

Regulations

8. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    They can put the N(Tank) on the CLP, but not the H. If they did they screwed up. They are lying about a new federal regulation requiring a permit if you have been off the road for more than a year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.