Why hasn't some smart company taken advantage of Wal Mart DC locations?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Farmerbob1, Dec 21, 2017.

1. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    If prostitution was legal you can bet your ### I'd have cubicles like they have in Amsterdam setup. Very good rental income for basically no upkeep.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Get in line. You and many others will want to do the same thing. Some of us have lived a sheltered life. Tell us about those cubicles.

4. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I've never seen them. I only know of them because I read an article about how little impact on organized crime legalizing prostitution had. Of course it had no impact, legalization + aggressive law enforcement is how you get organized crime out of an industry. It's about the restoration of control by the police state over that business.

Honestly I'm for legalizing everything basically. I think that making something that there is significant market demand for illegal only drives it underground and our collective goal should be to keep the criminals in the relatively terrible 'theft', 'fraud', and 'extortion' industries. When we give them opportunities to make real money they metastasize and the corruption spreads... And the vice goes on uninterrupted so the original goal of your 'law' hasn't been accomplished in the slightest.

Aamcotrans, Ruthless and bigguns Thank this.
  5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Prohibition. Nuff said.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  6. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    If you only have a couple trailers, a shag service might not be of interest to you. But the big companies might be willing to pay well for being able to turn a live unload into a drop and hook, allowing their incoming driver to immediately leave the site (after dropping) with an already-cleaned trailer. More miles for the driver, more miles for the shipper.

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Why hasn't anyone done this? Because if a driver is faced with the choice of paying $10 to park, or parking on the side of the road, where do you think he's going to park?

8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    A lot of Wal Mart DC's have been getting quite militant about keeping drivers off the sides of nearby roads. Not all of them, but many of them. Especially the newer ones.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I vote pay $12-15. I'm reimbursed these charges, and I think it should be unlawful for a carrier to not reimburse employee drivers any reserve parking charges ... at least up to point. I realize some would abuse this just because they suck at backing but if you either suck at managing your time or are forced to need parking after 20:00, and aren't making enough to justify paying $12 to park in a critical situation, probably you need to reconsider your career choice

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  10. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I completely agree with everything you said. But we all know that most drivers are living paycheck advance to paycheck advance, and working for companies that pay so little that it's the only way for their drivers to survive.

11. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Tobyhanna, PA and Pottsville, PA locations have placed boulders along with signage lining the sides of the DC access roads to discourage truck parking. They just park on the side of the public roads that don't have the signs and rocks.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.