Why I Don’t Do Winter

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Kozakvod, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I pray this H and A driver was okay. Vehicles can be replaced, your life cannot. Please be careful one and all.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Attached Files:

Upinsmoke, justcarhaulin and Coffey Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    The question asked during winter are you a man or a mouse, my answer I like cheese lol the older and wiser I get the more I hate winter

4. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    loading when the trailer is covered with ice is a learned skill. After you learn it, you need good luck. l have spun out trying to load on upper, backed down, got a better run and not been able to stop until the front wheels are off the font end.

Upinsmoke and Kozakvod Thank this.
  5. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Used to love the snow and cold. 57 now. I fell out of love.

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    We just had an ice storm in PA. I had 2 inches of ice covering the truck before I got to MA. Then it started snowing.... Winter didn't officially start yet and I pray for an early spring.

on another note, PENNDOT sucks! Every state knows how to manage a storm but PA. They sit in the middle of the highway and wait, and wait, and wait. Then they meet at WAWA and share a hot cup of something and then proceed to nap someplace discreet.

7. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I love cold winter. Always chilled vodka and women's armpits dry.
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
    Marry Christmas.

Upinsmoke and Kozakvod Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im just happy I never got involved in hauling cars once.

I had a employer refer me to a owner operator small fleet who ran cars between Maryland and Florida. And I spent a couple of hours meeting him and looking over the rig I would be driving if he wanted me to hire on.

All I heard from him that morning was how easy it is to get to Miami from Baltimore in 10 hours or less with that particular truck. I don't know about you but thats one item I would not want to take on having run a truck full of expensive cars like that through all those states filled with Lawmen in those days.

We are getting ready to get hammered by rain and a form of wind storm coming off the Gulf as it does sometimes. It wont be too difficult for us here where we are, but for some it will be.

I have respected car haulers and its not a job for me I know that much.

Trucker61016 and Kozakvod Thank this.
  9. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    The most difficult for me was hauling Deloreans. Had to park as close as possiblr to the passenger side so l could barely squeeze out under the Gull wing doors. 8Deloreans.jpg

10. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Did you at least hit 88 mph to see the future???

51.50 Thanks this.
  11. Andystrans

Andystrans Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    I remember that accident. Happened not far from where I live and what’s crazy is a week prior I drove thru the same highway. Guy was okay and no cars where damaged.

Trucker61016 and Kozakvod Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.