Why I stay with USA Truck

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by chemsoldier1, Feb 16, 2013.

1. mlj7

mlj7 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Concord, NC
    What kind of equipment does USA run? Manual and/or Auto??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Reycer

Reycer Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    They run both

4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Glad to hear you like them. .37 cpm starting third year now isn't bad.

5. Reycer

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Heartland called me wants to start me at $.42 a mile (and with my Hazmat it goes up from that). Also got another carrier offered me $.50 a mile. USA can't come close to matching any of that, won't be much longer I'll be bidding USA adieu.

6. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    Anything paying over .40 is probably short regional haul. You'd probably be better off with an hourly local job.

7. Reycer

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    With USA that is absolutely 100% true. This is why USA has a hard time keeping good drivers.

8. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    I guess I stay at USA because they always give me places like this to deliver to. This is what I have to look forward to Monday morning.

[​IMG]

9. Reycer

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Seems like we're doing a lot of those lately. Did one like that in Colorado a couple of months ago. This is where I delivered Saturday. Very small, manure and mud lot. Needless to say the new truck got washed last night.

[​IMG]

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am not sure if the OP is still around. I have not been of late. I am out of trucking. Medical issues ended my career. I also lost my CDL because of the medical card issue this past spring. I am hoping to get past this problem and get back to driving. I will be in and out of these forums. As for USA Truck I am heartened to see the powers to be there seem to be willing to make any changes needed. The Drivers make and break a company. Treat them badly and they leave. Treat them fairly and pay them well and they will work hard. I think the past management there forgot this. I don't know anything about this new CEO however I still stand behind something I once posted here. This person needs a full background IN TRUCKING! Enough Said!

11. Reycer

Feb 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Well, Here's why I LEFT USA.

1: I got sick and tired of all the lies. I actually went into VB and was headed off by Chris. He knew I was mad. It was a good thing he got to me, cause I told him straight up if I got over to Adam Bobbitt it was not gonna be a good day for him. (Well over that now and wish him all the best but would NEVER work for that kid again).

2: USA had absolutely the worst equipment I've ever had to deal with and I'm pretty sure I would have had better luck getting teeth pulled from a lockness monster than I would have had getting them to fix their equipment and quit "patching" it up.

3: Their training program is ridiculous. 150 hours in a truck and your on your on your own. Just finished reading on FB about a newbie that almost burnt his brakes up on Mt. Eagle b/c he didn't know where the jake was. Absolutely not that guys fault it was his trainers and USA's for not making sure he knew. Lord help him if/when he gets to PA.

4: Well....I'll let the picture speak for itself (attached) I went from making $400-$600 a week to AVERAGING $2500 a week. I had no idea how much I was being robbed.

5: no lie, as my wife and I were packing up my truck to head to my new job, I was confronted by the new head of maintenance. I had no idea who he was, but he came over and asked if I was leaving in said "yeah I'm done" and he asked me why. So I told him about how bad it was getting with the bum equipment. He them introduced himself to myself and my wife and agreed with me that it was in a
    Deplorable state. He said that he came over with Rose Colored glasses expecting to be able to step in and start fixing the problems, but was met by the board with what he could and couldn't do. We talked for a long time, before we bid our adieus and parted ways. Pretty sad when the new head of maintenance knows how bad it is, and yet he can't do his job because of a money hungry board of directors.

Anywho. I told USA when I left, and I'll state it here, I thank USA for the opportunity to work for them, but it was time for us to part ways. I am so much happier with my new OTR job, and I get to be home almost every weekend while still averaging $2500 a week. I won't try to get you all away from USA because if your happy there, then by all means stay, but I would truly truly tell any new driver to dig and do your research first. Find out what your really missing out on.
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.