Why I'm no longer at Titan Transfer

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by firemedic2816, Sep 30, 2018.

1. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Skip to main content

Search This Blog

Random Ramblings

September 30, 2018
    Been a few minutes since I posted last, been couple changes in my life and have been silent and I apologize.

After my last post, there were some issues arise with Titan that I am not going to get into but after a lot of thought and prayer and discussion with my wife, I have decided to end my employment with Titan. I have signed on with Schneider National (A LOT MORE MONEY Starting off) and will be on a dedicated route hauling for Haverty Furniture Distribution Center in Fairfield Ohio, traveling to Braselton, GA, Mobile Alabama and Lakeland Florida. Sunday Eve -Thur Eve will be night time driving mostly which is fine I like night driving, less traffic. I have to go through simple 3 week Orientation (this is for driver's who went through a private trucking school and have zero driving experience, but since I have 12,000 miles this will be quick review) Week One we will be doing new hire paperwork, working on pre-trip (Not that one, the one they want you to do for THE company) and of course my nemesis backing. Week 2 we will spent 5 days on a truck with a trainer, learning how to pull into truck stops, fueling, sleeping in the truck. All things I already have done plenty of but for what they are offering will jump through their hoops. Week 3 will be trip planning and map reading, again things I have already done. I start "School" Oct 2 in Indianapolis and it's 18 straight days, so unlike Titan we did M-F we will be doing 7 days a week. They provide hotel and 2 meals a day while IN CLASS Only thing I have to pay for is my meals on the road with my "trainer" which is okay, plus the classroom pay is a lot better then Titan. Yes I know the rumors about Schneider but find me the perfect company and I will show you how blind you really are. This will allow me to be home more, make MORE money and Never be Broke Again. We have a HUGE Disney Vacation we are going on next Summer, so this will pay for that pretty quickly. Then going to knock out house payment and car payment so we can be debt free. I will continue to post blogs daily after work when I can, and then when I get my own truck I will snap a couple pics and eventually when we upgrade cell service and phones, will start doing some youtube videos and a truck tour.

Thanks For traveling with me
    Live
    Laugh
    Love
    firemedic2816

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    So why did you leave Titan?

CJ701 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.