Why isn't a truck stop janitor on a episode of dirtiest jobs?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by asphaltreptile311, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Gumboslef9384

Gumboslef9384 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    TX
    Are you talking about blood in the sinks? When I was in TN there were a dozen blood soaked paper towels over flowing the trash can and blood on the sink. What the heck are people doing?

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I thought about managing a fast food joint when I sell off the trucks. But then I realized that job comes with a public bathroom.

Yeah, no thanks.

4. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Why do you think food trucks are popular?
    No latrines to worry about.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That is a phenomenal question

FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    I have stayed at a lot of upper end hotels in my travels and there just as bad , caught the maid wiping my toilet seat and then proceeded to wipe out the inside of my coffee pot.
    That was the last time I ever used a in room coffee pot no telling what somebody's done to that thing maybe even ? , I had all kind of pet peeves , next time you stay in a hotel pull the bed away from the wall and headboard , careful you might just barf.

Its that rotten ### smell that lingers in a truck stop that tells me the place is rotten from deep inside.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Reason for edit: Add to post
  7. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    In my truck stop guide I cross places out and will not stop there for any reason if it’s disgusting or I don’t like it.
    I carry bleach water to spray my shower down before I get in (I can’t wear shower shoes) and use their towels as floor mats. If my skin touches it, it gets the bleach.

I don’t play with blood at all, it’s so easy to take of that outside without risking exposing someone else.
    Odd fact if you need to stop a wound from bleeding (think wide but shallow) and have no access to clean wadding petroleum products work (gas or diesel) but do so at your own risk I’m not a doctor.

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    When i was an equipment operator as a rookie, they used to give me shop duty and toilet duty, clean and mop the shop floor and clean bathroom .. After awhile they gave me the choice of greasing all the equipment which totaled 4 machines and they had about 40-50 zerks per machine, or i could clean the toilet. Took the equipment everytime LOL there is nothing more NASTY then cleaning mechanics bathroom or truckers bathroom.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    This thread is gonna make me puke lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Remember , most truck stops mop your shower out with the same nasty ### mop they use in the public bathrooms and probably the kitchen at the mom and pops.

11. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Trucking just isn't for the germophobic out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.