Why people fear wearing a mask...

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Pumpkin Oval Head, May 6, 2020.

1. FLtoOKBound

FLtoOKBound Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    West Central, FL
    Scooter won't understand. But the NON-N95 masks are to limit tge spread of the virus from the person wearing it. Think of it like thos catch straps on an aircraft carrier. They don't stop the jet fully. But slow it down so it can stop. W/o them that jet shoots off the end into the water. Same theory. It doesn't let your droplets travel as far from you compared to not wearing it.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Wear a mask if you want. I wear mine when I have to. Place I'm going to says I need to wear it...I will. They don't...I won't. I do practice social distancing, but I did that anyway. I don't like weird, strange people I don't know all up in my personal space. Whether you got a virus or not, I'd prefer you stay away. :)

You want people to wear masks? Get the President to do it, an to stop contradicting his health experts. an if their not health experts, why in the bloody hell do they still have a job? It's not like he's concerned about firing anyone. An this isn't political. It's fact.

Till he and others start leading by example...expect to see this divide people more an more.

@AModelCat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

4. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Will safety nazi 's ever die?
    81gHo8haAJL._AC_SY606_.jpg

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm sure if these "pro-maskers" had an available source of stones at their disposal, they would of stoned her to death. This is hysteria and irrational.

The irony of that fat lady on an electric scooter/cart, with a big package of toilet paper, joining in on the shaming melee is rich! LOL

6. FLtoOKBound

Jan 27, 2020
    West Central, FL
    There are idiots on both sides of the masks. But common sense is still common sense.

7. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Commonsense? C'mon, man.

These are the most up to date numbers from my state, Oregon.
    148 deaths.
    0 deaths under 40 years of age.
    145 deaths 50 years old and up.

My county of over 100k people has 0 deaths, 0 hospitalizations and only 25 positives out of 2300 tested. Yet, our county and state has been treated the same as NYC.

Is that commonsense?... No, it's lunacy & recklessness. Oregon Stats 05-27-2020.JPG

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    In addition, they don't extract or differentiate between those who died "with" COVID-19 and those that died "of" COVID-19.

Dale thompson and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  9. FLtoOKBound

Jan 27, 2020
    West Central, FL
    So you're on the extreme. As I've already noted. Nothing is going to educate you. This is about the masks. Not the whole lockdown. There is a real reason for the masks. So yes commonsense of why and when to wear them.

10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    LOL. Nice try, man.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  11. FLtoOKBound

Jan 27, 2020
    West Central, FL
    Sorry reality doesn't enter your world. Try to be helpful it's your choice to listen or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted