Why should we allow Mexican truckers to operate freely in the US???

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by truckerdave1970, Nov 25, 2012.

1. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    How much does the Mexican gov't subsidize the price of diesel in Mexico?

I am writing a research paper on NAFTA and the cross border trucking provision. I can not find reliable info on the Net so I figured if I asked my question here, well, I am sure someone here could help me out.

FYI, the thesis of my paper is that Mexican based carriers should not be allowed free reign to operate in our borders because they pose severe threats to highway safety, the enviroment, the economy, and homeland security.

I am sure this will ruffle a few feathers!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    We have carriers from Canada in the US all the time that should be as much of a threat as Mexican trucks, and the last I heard there were like only 9 carriers that had applied to operate in the US. I'd be more worried about the Indian, Russian and Middle Eastern companies that are operating in the US.

Oh, and BTW, you need to search, this has been debated several times on this forum.

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  4. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I have read the other debates on this forum, what I am looking for are facts, not opinions.
    :biggrin_2558:
    I can not use opinions, no matter how much I happen to agree with them or not, as sources for my research paper!
    :biggrin_25513:
    Speaking of opinions, it is my not so humble opinion that ALL foreign drivers/companies should be shown to the nearset exit and not allowed back!!!
    :biggrin_25510:

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  5. Prof.Gringo

Prof.Gringo Light Load Member

So very true.

We make US mariners and port workers all have TWIC cards, but you can see many (most) trucks being operated out of the port area (Sea-Tac) by Somali, Ethipoian, Afghani immigrants and guess what? They all have TWIC cards, so they must all be loyal flag waving Americans!

Go on-board a US Flag ship and guess who you see? Crew from Yemen but with US passports and US Seafarer's docs.

And then have you ever thought who crews up the 99% of ocean going ships which are NOT US flagged or crewed, and these ships, hundreds of them are in US ports everyday of the year.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. Prof.Gringo

Took me all of 30 THIRTY seconds to find this using YAHOO:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/intl-programs/naftatrans.htm

It's my NOT so very humble opinion you just wanted to troll this thread, and what masters degree program is this where you are doing your "thesis (or is it a so-called research paper?)" (proven to be DEAD wrong BTW)?

There's your INFO and some OPINION for you TODAY!

MexicoTrucker and Milo161 Thank this.
  7. kwloo

kwloo Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2011
    eh?
    :biggrin_2558:

Speaking of opinions, it is my not so humble opinion that ALL foreign drivers/companies should be shown to the nearset exit and not allowed back!!!
    :biggrin_25510:[/QUOTE]

I am pleased that you are working on your education. My suggestion is that you may want to start with "Balance of Trade" and tie that into your humble opinion by providing alternatives to truckers or railway workers having to leave the security of their home country.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  8. Prof.Gringo

Let those Mexican truckers ROLL!!!!!!

MexicoTrucker Thanks this.
  9. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    You want the facts? My website has been a major source for facts about Mexican trucks for more than 7 years.

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  10. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    They can roll all they want to the border and drop the trailer and let US trucks take it from there. Same with Canada. That would help give miles to US drivers so they can feed the family. Not give those miles to someone who does not live in this country.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  11. Chickadee

Chickadee Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2010
    A lot of US drivers bring loads to Canada and Mexico as well. Obviously I have a vested interest in the topic as I have dual citizenship (Mexican and Canadian) and do long-haul trucking between Canada and the US...but I could just as easily make a good living moving nothing more than Canadian freight within Canada--I just truly enjoy working in both Canada and the US. I don't think it is taking work from US citizens as they are able to do exactly the same thing as I am doing. JMO.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.